Honey Mustard Ham – This is the perfect ham recipe for the holidays! Ham baked with a sweet and tangy honey mustard glaze.
Honey Mustard Ham
This has to be my favorite ham recipe ever! Every year, we try making a different glaze and while it always turns out amazing, it’s never terribly memorable. This year, I was inspired by my honey mustard chicken recipe and thought that a similar glaze would taste amazing on a holiday ham. With a little adjustment, I used it on a ham and it turned out exactly how I hoped! The glaze is sweet and tangy but most importantly, very easy to make.
Common Questions About Cooking Ham
How long do I warm up a precooked ham?
You need to cook ham at 325 degrees for 10 minutes per pound.
What temperature does my ham need to be?
The internal temperature needs to hit 145 degrees F.
What kind of glaze can I use on ham?
There are so many great glazes for ham! Some of the most popular include a combination of these flavors –
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
What can I serve ham with?
You can serve ham with just about anything but if you are serving it for the holidays, here are some of my favorite dishes to serve them with –
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Creamed Corn
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- Slow Cooker Hash Brown Casserole
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce
What can I do with ham leftovers?
There are so many options but some of my favorites include –
- Cheesy Ham Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Ham and Potato Soup
- Ham and Potato Au Gratin
- Ham Pot Pie
- Cuban Sliders
- Ham and Bean Stew
- 1 bone-in ham (about 9 pounds)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the ham in a 9x13" pan bone side down with 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of the pan. Cover with tin foil and place in oven for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- While the ham is finishing cooking up, combine remaining ingredients in a small pan over medium heat and cook until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.
- Once the ham has finished cooking, remove from the oven and spread about half of the glaze evenly on the ham. Place back in the oven and cook for 5 minutes without the tin foil. Once the timer goes off, remove ham from the oven and put the remaining glaze on it. Let it cook for 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice. Serve warm.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe