Grinch Rice Krispie Treats – An easy, no bake treat perfect for Christmas. Inspired by the Grinch, these rice krispies treats are so fun!
Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
I love making desserts during the holidays but I will be the first to admit that sometimes, I don’t want to make an overly complicated recipe. Instead, I want something that is simple and no bake which is where these rice krispie treats come in. They are delicious, super easy to make, and fun for the holidays! I love the pop of color that these add when put onto a cookie tray! If you love the Grinch, then this is the recipe for you.
Common Questions About Making Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
What are grinch rice krispies?
Grinch rice krispie treats are classic rice krispie treats made with rice krispie cereal, mini marshmallows, and butter before being topped with melted green candy melts and heart shaped candy.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 18 servings.
What other grinch themed recipes can I make?
Try out these grinch recipes –
- Grinch Cocktail
- Grinch Cookies
Ingredient Notes –
- Rice krispie cereal gives the rice krispie treats the texture and structure. I used classic rice krispies.
- Marshmallows bring sweetness to the rice krispies and are the glue that keeps them together.
- Butter helps the rice krispies firm up.
- Candy melts and heart sprinkles are the decorations that make them look like they are inspired by the grinch! I used a mix of kelly green and vibrant green candy melts but if you can’t find both, feel free to use whatever green is available to you.
Looking for more easy holiday recipes? Check these out!
Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
Grinch Rice Krispie Treats - An easy, no bake treat perfect for Christmas. Inspired by the Grinch, these rice krispies treats are so fun!
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 (10-12 ounce) package marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup vibrant green candy melts
- 1/4 cup kelly green candy melts
- Heart shaped sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon shortening (optional)
- Line a 13"x9" in baking pan with parchment paper and then butter the pan.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add in marshmallows and continue to heat stirring frequently until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove the melted marshmallows from the stove and pour in the rice krispies. Stir to evenly coat the cereal.
- Pour the marshmallow and cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Firmly press it evenly across the bottom of the pan. Allow to cool completely.
- Remove the cereal treats from the baking pan and cut into 18 squares.
- In a double boiler or a heat proof bowl over a pot of water, melt the candy melts over medium heat until completely melted and smooth. Add in shortening a teaspoon at a time (if necessary) to reach a smooth consistency.
- Place the melted cereal treats in a piping bag and snip off the end.
- Drizzle melted chocolates over each cereal treat one at a time. Place a heart shaped sprinkle in the corner while the chocolate is still soft.
- Repeat until all cereal treats are covered with chocolate. Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.