Green Tea Ice Cream
Green Tea Ice Cream – An easy summer dessert made with only 4 ingredients! This refreshing recipe is inspired by Japanese flavors and it’s so easy to make!
I am a huge green tea fan. I caught the bug in Japan a few years back and have since tried everything from matcha Kit-Kats, matcha cake, iced matcha lattes (Starbucks copycat recipe), matcha macarons, etc. Matcha ice cream is one of my favorite flavors from my local ice cream shop so when I was brainstorming fun summer dessert recipes, this was one of the first to come to mind!
Something I love about this recipe is it is a no churn ice cream recipe. You don’t have to have any special equipment to make it, just a stand or hand mixer to beat the whipped cream and four simple ingredients. The recipe takes just 5 minutes to make start to finish (plus the time it spends in the freezer freezing!). If you are a matcha fan like me, then you must try this recipe ASAP! It really is perfect for summer!
This is my first recipe for #SummerDessertsWeek 2018! There is a giveaway and links to all of the other awesome recipe put out today down below so go check it out! For this recipe, I featured Adams Exacts Vanilla. It’s fantastic to cook, bake, and create with so go check it out!
Common questions about making no churn ice cream
What does it mean no churn?
No churn means that the recipe doesn’t need an ice cream maker in order to be made. No churn ice cream recipes are a great option for those who either do not have the room to store an ice cream maker or those who only want to make ice cream every once in a while. I personally only make no churn ice cream recipes because they are SO easy.
Can you make homemade ice cream without rock salt?
Yes, no churn ice cream recipes do not need rock salt.
How do you make simple ice cream?
- Beat together whipped cream and any powdered add-ins (if you are using any such as matcha powder).
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk and any other solid add-ins such as chocolate chips, candy pieces, etc.
- Pour into a freezer-safe pan and let freeze for 5-6 hours.
Other tips and tricks on this green tea ice cream recipe
- Is green tea ice cream vegan?
- No, this recipe is not vegan out of the box but to make it vegan, use 2 cans coconut milk (13.66 oz), 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 2-3 tablespoons matcha powder, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- If you love Japanese recipes, make sure to check out my Japanese Recipe Collection!
- This ice cream lasts quite a while in the freezer, just make sure you cover it up with plastic wrap or a lid.
Can’t get enough of this green tea ice cream recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Green Tea Frappuccino (Starbucks Copycat Recipe)
- Raspberry White Wine Ice Cream
- Lavender Lemon Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Rose Ice Cream Floats
Green Tea Ice Cream
Green Tea Ice Cream - An easy summer dessert made with only 4 ingredients! This refreshing recipe is inspired by Japanese flavors and it's so easy to make!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and matcha powder. Beat until the consistency of whipped cream (fluffy with stiff peaks).
Gently fold sweetened condensed milk into the matcha whipped cream until fully combined.
Transfer to a bread pan and freeze 5-6 hours before serving.