This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine
Green Tea Ice Cream
Green Tea Ice Cream – An easy summer dessert made with only 4 ingredients! This refreshing recipe is inspired by Japanese flavors and it’s so easy to make!
I am a huge green tea fan. I caught the bug in Japan a few years back and have since tried everything from matcha Kit-Kats, matcha cake, iced matcha lattes (Starbucks copycat recipe), matcha macarons, etc. Matcha ice cream is one of my favorite flavors from my local ice cream shop so when I was brainstorming fun summer dessert recipes, this was one of the first to come to mind!
Something I love about this recipe is it is a no churn ice cream recipe. You don’t have to have any special equipment to make it, just a stand or hand mixer to beat the whipped cream and four simple ingredients. The recipe takes just 5 minutes to make start to finish (plus the time it spends in the freezer freezing!). If you are a matcha fan like me, then you must try this recipe ASAP! It really is perfect for summer!
This is my first recipe for #SummerDessertsWeek 2018! There is a giveaway and links to all of the other awesome recipe put out today down below so go check it out! For this recipe, I featured Adams Exacts Vanilla. It’s fantastic to cook, bake, and create with so go check it out!
Common questions about making no churn ice cream
What does it mean no churn?
No churn means that the recipe doesn’t need an ice cream maker in order to be made. No churn ice cream recipes are a great option for those who either do not have the room to store an ice cream maker or those who only want to make ice cream every once in a while. I personally only make no churn ice cream recipes because they are SO easy.
Can you make homemade ice cream without rock salt?
Yes, no churn ice cream recipes do not need rock salt.
How do you make simple ice cream?
- Beat together whipped cream and any powdered add-ins (if you are using any such as matcha powder).
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk and any other solid add-ins such as chocolate chips, candy pieces, etc.
- Pour into a freezer-safe pan and let freeze for 5-6 hours.
Other tips and tricks on this green tea ice cream recipe
- Is green tea ice cream vegan?
- No, this recipe is not vegan out of the box but to make it vegan, use 2 cans coconut milk (13.66 oz), 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 2-3 tablespoons matcha powder, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- If you love Japanese recipes, make sure to check out my Japanese Recipe Collection!
- This ice cream lasts quite a while in the freezer, just make sure you cover it up with plastic wrap or a lid.
Can’t get enough of this green tea ice cream recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Green Tea Frappuccino (Starbucks Copycat Recipe)
- Raspberry White Wine Ice Cream
- Lavender Lemon Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Rose Ice Cream Floats
Green Tea Ice Cream
Green Tea Ice Cream - An easy summer dessert made with only 4 ingredients! This refreshing recipe is inspired by Japanese flavors and it's so easy to make!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and matcha powder. Beat until the consistency of whipped cream (fluffy with stiff peaks).
Gently fold sweetened condensed milk into the matcha whipped cream until fully combined.
Transfer to a bread pan and freeze 5-6 hours before serving.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away a gift pack including an Insulated Tote Bag, Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Yeast, Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Oven Mit and Dish Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Mermaid Pudding Pops from For the Love of Food
Pies of Summer:
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait from Desserts Required
- S’mores Mousse Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites from Eat Move Make
- Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cake Donuts from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Doberge Squares from Southern From Scratch
- Mini Blueberry Galettes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Churros from My Sweet Zepol
- Key Lime Fudge from The Domestic Kitchen
- Chocolate Strawberry Eclairs from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from A Blender Mom
- Fruit Pie Jars from A Southern Soul
- Sweet Tea Bread Pudding from Sweet ReciPEAs