Greek Turkey Burgers – A quick and easy summer grilling meal! Ground turkey combined with sundried tomatoes, spinach, and feta in a turkey burger patty and topped with red onions, cucumbers, and a creamy homemade tzatziki sauce! This is the ultimate grilled turkey burger recipe!
Greek Turkey Burgers
Burgers are a staple at my house, we end up having them at least once or twice a week. Recently, I’ve been trying to branch out and spice up my burgers a little more than having the same turkey burger with worcestershire sauce and either havarti or pepper jack cheese on top by making bacon cheddar stuffed burgers, thai tuna burgers, and spinach artichoke stuffed burgers which were both amazing! Seriously, go check those out! I took a bit of a different approach with this one, instead of having the ingredients stuffed in the middle, I mixed everything right into the turkey burger itself!
Now this burger was something that I had been so excited to make for a while since I got a can of sundried tomatoes a while back. It only seemed natural to combine them with feta and spinach in this incredible turkey burger. Instead of cheese on top, there is a creamy tzatziki sauce which brings the whole burger together! It really is a fun Greek spin on a grilled turkey burger recipe!
Common questions about making turkey burgers
How long to grill turkey burgers?
A turkey burger should be grilled for about 5 minutes on each side over medium heat. The burger should be browned, not pink.
How to make turkey burgers?
Turkey burgers are easy to make, you simply combine all of the ingredients, divide the meat into 3-4 portions, shape them into patties, and then cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
Can you make turkey burgers in the oven?
Yes, if you want to make turkey burgers in the oven, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then you are going to line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or spray it with non-stick spray. Next, place the patties on the sheet pan and bake them for 15 minutes before flipping them and baking another 15 minutes. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
How healthy are turkey burgers?
Turkey burgers can be a healthier alternative to beef burgers as they can be leaner, packed with protein, and full of vitamins and minerals. Overall, they can be pretty healthy.
What seasonings to put in turkey burgers?
This recipe calls for oregano but some other popular seasonings for turkey burgers include worcestershire sauce (my favorite thing to add to a turkey burger!), red pepper flakes, chili powder, etc.
Other tips and tricks on this greek turkey burgers recipe
- Mixing the feta, sundried tomatoes, and spinach right into the turkey burger is a great way to get flavor in every bite but if you don’t want to deal with that, you can just put those ingredients on top of the burger instead!
- My favorite kind of bun to use for a turkey burger is a brioche bun! I love how light and fluffy they are to bite into.
Can’t get enough of this greek turkey burger recipe? Try these other recipes!
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 buns
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, seeded, grated, and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Additional Toppings (Optional)
- Red onion, sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for tzatziki sauce. Mix until well combined and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all burger ingredients and mix until well combined. Divide into four equal portions and mold each into the shape of a burger patty.
- Place burgers either on a grill or a grill pan on the stovetop over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes before flipping and cooking an additional 5 minutes. Both sides of the burger should have browned. Serve in a bun with tzatziki sauce and any additional toppings on it.
- Trader Joe's California Sun-Dried Tomatoes, 3 oz - 2 Pack
- Lodge 10.5 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan. Pre-seasoned Grill Pan with Easy Grease Draining for Grilling Bacon, Steak, and Meats.
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 543 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 178mg Sodium: 769mg Carbohydrates: 36g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 45g