Golden Oreo Truffles – Truffles made from golden oreos and topped with white chocolate and sprinkles! These truffles are perfect for the holidays or as a dessert for any party!
Golden Oreo Truffles
I will be the first to admit that while I love a classic, chocolate oreo, golden oreos are my true love. Something about them is just perfection in a pre-made cookie for me. One of my favorite things to do with them (other than eat them) is to turn them into truffles! Now making a truffle from a golden oreo is literally the easiest dessert ever and they are great to give as gifts during the holidays or to serve as a bite-sized dessert at birthday parties. If I’m making them during the holidays, I pop some red and green sprinkles on top and if it is for any other season, I just change the sprinkles to rainbow. They are so versatile!
Common Questions About Making Golden Oreo Truffles
What are golden oreos?
Golden oreos are a vanilla sandwich cookie that contains no chocolate.
Can I use chocolate instead of white chocolate?
You sure can! You could also roll them in a mix of chocolate and white chocolate or even just drizzle them with chocolate.
Can I freeze the truffles?
Yes, freezing the truffles until you are ready to serve them works great.
What can I decorate golden oreo truffles with?
Sprinkles or a drizzle of a fun color of candy melts are my favorite ways to decorate golden oreo truffles but additionally, you could always just leave them plain too!
Can I use normal oreos instead of golden oreos?
You sure can! Any type of oreo will work in this recipe whether they are traditional chocolate oreos, red velvet oreos, birthday cake oreos, etc.
Looking for more truffle recipes? Check these out!
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Balls
- Fluffernutter Truffles
- Gingerbread Cookie Truffles
- Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Mocha Truffles
- 1 package Golden Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces white chocolate or almond bark
- In a food processor, blend golden oreos until they are fine crumbs. Add in cream cheese and process again until they are fully combined.
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, roll out truffles into balls and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the cookie mixture has been used.
- Place sheet pan in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the truffles have finished up firming up in the freezer, place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted.
- Roll each truffle in the white chocolate until fully coated and then transfer back to the lined sheet pan. Sprinkle sprinkles on top immediately or the white chocolate will harden too much to decorate. Repeat with remaining truffles and then freeze until ready to serve.