Gingerbread Cookie Truffles – Gingerbread cookie truffles topped with white chocolate and sprinkles! These truffles are perfect for Christmas cookie exchanges!
Gingerbread Cookie Truffles
I have been loving making truffles this year! After making sugar cookie truffles a few days back, I knew that the next truffles that I wanted to make were gingerbread! I followed the exact same recipe as the other truffles but I used freshly baked gingersnap cookies instead of sugar cookies and they turned out perfect! These truffles would be great as a part of a holiday cookie tray or just as a festive treat for the family!
The great thing about these truffles is that you can make them ahead and freeze them until you are ready to eat them. I had them in the freezer for a few days and they tasted perfect!
Common Questions About Making Gingerbread Cookie Truffles
Should I use gingerbread cookies or gingersnap cookies?
Either! I’ve tried both and regardless, they taste amazing.
Can I use pre-made gingerbread cookies?
Of course! You can use homemade gingerbread cookies, gingerbread cookies from a mix, or even store bought gingerbread cookies. I love to use leftover gingerbread cookies from the holidays but it’s totally up to you!
Can I use chocolate instead of white chocolate?
You sure can! You could also roll them in a mix of chocolate and white chocolate or even just drizzle them with chocolate.
Can I freeze the truffles?
Yes, freezing the truffles until you are ready to serve them works great.
What can I decorate gingerbread cookie truffles with?
There are so many options! Some of my favorite ways to decorate them include –
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Drizzle of red or green candy melts
Looking for more Christmas truffle recipes? Check these out!
- 24 gingerbread cookies (about 8 cups once they are crushed)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 12 ounces white chocolate or almond bark
- In a food processor, blend the gingerbread cookies until they are fine crumbs. Add in cream cheese and process again until fully combined.
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, roll out truffles into balls and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the cookie mixture has been used.
- Place sheet pan in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the truffles have finished up firming up in the freezer, place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted in 30 second intervals, stirring each time.
- Roll each truffle in the white chocolate until fully coated and then transfer back to the lined sheet pan. Sprinkle sprinkles on top immediately or the white chocolate will harden too much to decorate. Repeat with remaining truffles and then freeze until ready to serve.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe