Bakery Style Ginger Pear Muffins – Homemade muffins that taste just like they are from a bakery! Fresh ginger and pear combined to make a healthy breakfast! They are the perfect way to start the day!
If you love pears and ginger, then this is the recipe for you! These ginger pear muffins are so tasty and easy to make! I had them for breakfast last week and wished I had made a double batch! They disappeared so quickly! The fresh ginger complements the pears so well along with just a hint of nutmeg!
I forgot how much I enjoy pears, I always would eat the canned pears when I was younger but I’m not sure I had ever had a fresh pear before weirdly enough. They have such a nice texture and I can’t wait to try experimenting with them a bit more, I would love to make a tart or a quick bread! I ended up making a variation of this recipe a week later with cardamom in them instead of ginger and I am not sure which I liked better! Next up on the pear recipe roster is to make a chai oatmeal with spiced pears, I think that would be such an awesome combination of flavors!
Notes on bakery style ginger pear muffin recipe
- Don’t forget to drop the ovens temperature down after the muffins are in the oven, this helps them become nice and domed on top, like a bakery muffin!
- Try using coconut oil! It’s a healthier alternative to butter and it’s available just about everywhere and it works just as well!
- 1 1/2 cups pears, finely diced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, can sub for butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 425 and line muffin tin with muffin liners or spray pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg. Once combined, add in melted coconut oil, yogurt, egg, and ginger. Stir until just combined before adding in pears. Fold in pears.
- Transfer batter to muffin pans and turn heat down to 400. Bake for 23-25 minutes.
Love easy muffin recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Rhubarb Oat Muffins from Bacon Fatte
Applesauce Muffins with Streusel Topping from Who Needs a Cape?
Lemon Poppyseed Pancake Muffins from Life Currents