Garlic Parmesan Asparagus – A quick and easy side dish recipe perfect for a cookout or holiday! Asparagus cooked with garlic, parmesan, and butter!
Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
Asparagus is one of my favorite side dishes to whip up with dinner. I love the taste of asparagus and it pairs so well with many dishes. For #cookoutweek day 3, I decided to whip so asparagus that can be grilled, cooked on the stovetop, or roasted in the oven! This recipe is so versatile and I included instructions for each of the methods of cooking!
I used Barleans Butter Flavored Coconut Oil for this recipe. It’s vegan, non-GMO, organic, and tastes great! This coconut oil is great for cooking, baking, and my favorite, melting and putting on popcorn with a little bit of parmesan. It’s so yummy and a great butter substitute!
All you need to make this asparagus recipe is 5 simple ingredients and just a few minutes. It is the perfect accompaniment to any burger!
Common questions about cooking asparagus
How to cook asparagus on the grill?
To cook asparagus on the grill, lightly coat asparagus with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place on directly on grill over high heat and cook to 2-3 minutes, constantly flipping so asparagus doesn’t get stuck.
How do you grill asparagus in foil?
This is my preferred method of grilling asparagus. You combine asparagus, olive oil, minced garlic, parmesan (optional), salt, and pepper in an aluminum foil packet. Close up and place on grill over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Every few minutes, open the packet up and rotate the asparagus.
What part of the asparagus do you cut off?
You want to cut off the bottom, hard portion of the stalk. It is usually about 1 inch at the bottom of the asparagus.
Can you eat the tips of asparagus?
Yes, the tips of the asparagus are fine to eat. The only part you want to avoid is the hard stalk at the bottom.
How do you clean and cook asparagus?
To clean asparagus, rinse the stalks under cold water, remove the bottom inch of the stem, then dry the asparagus off. Now the asparagus will be ready to cook.
How do you cook asparagus?
There are many ways to cook asparagus but the most common ways include:
- Roasted in the oven
- Cooking in a pan on the stovetop
Other tips and tricks on this garlic parmesan asparagus recipe
- Want to add a bit of crunch to this recipe? Add in 2 tablespoons of panko breadcrumbs during the last 3 minutes of cooking!
- If you want to cook the asparagus on a sheet pan in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt the oil and then toss with the asparagus, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer asparagus to sheet pan and top with parmesan and panko.
- Place asparagus in oven. Bake for 10 minutes and then broil for 2 minutes.
- I love using coconut oil but olive oil or vegetable oil works well too.
Can’t get enough of this garlic parmesan asparagus recipe? Try these other recipes!
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons Barleans Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pan, cook Barleans Butter Flavored Coconut Oil until melted over medium heat.
- Add in asparagus and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally flipping the asparagus.
- Add in garlic and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67