Fluffernutter Bars – Delicious peanut butter bars topped with marshmallow frosting! These bars are a great afternoon snack or holiday treat!
Can I just say how amazing these fluffernutter bars are?! This recipe is coming at you straight from Allison Miller from Tornadough Alli‘s brand new cookbook Untraditional Desserts – 100 Classic Treats with a Twist. This cookbook came out just last week and has such awesome recipe in it! In addition to fluffernutter bars, some of my other favorites from it include french cruller dippers, lemonade puppy chow, tiramisu cookies, and shirley temple cake! Go check it out by clicking HERE!
When I was flipping through the cookbook, I was immediatly drawn towards the fluffernutter bars. I had been on a marshmallow kick after that rockin’ marshmallow frosting on the hot chocolate cake from a few weeks back so when I saw this recipe used peanut butter AND marshmallows, I was sold.
This recipe is super easy to make and you can easily half the recipe if you want a smaller batch of 9 bars instead of 15. If you do that, use an 8×8 inch pan and make sure you remember to half the frosting recipe too!
Some fun toppings for these bars are crushed peanuts and/or mini marshmallows. I used tiny ones that are the size that normally comes in hot chocolate packets.
How to make fluffernutter bars
Step 1 – Make peanut butter bars
Mix together ingredients and bake until golden brown.
Step 2 – Make marshmallow frosting
Mix together ingredients for the marshmallow frosting. Frost the peanut butter bars with it once they are completely cooled.
Looking for more peanut butter recipes?
Peanut Butter Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with a hand mixer until blended. Add in your eggs and vanilla extract until incorporated. Add in your peanut butter, and continue to beat until combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together the salt and flour. Slowly add to your wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spread into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the bars from the oven and let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, in large bowl, beat together the butter and marshmallow fluff. Add in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until blended.
- Spread the frosting on the bars, and sprinkle peanuts on top.
- KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, Onyx Black (K45SSOB)
- Untraditional Desserts: 100 Classic Treats with a Twist
- Nordic Ware Classic Metal 9x13 Covered Cake Pan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 178mg Carbohydrates: 58g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 42g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g