Everything Bagel Crackers – Homemade cheddar cheese crackers topped with a delicious everything bagel seasoning blend! These homemade crackers are so easy to make and taste just like an everything bagel!
Everything Bagel Crackers
Everything bagels are a favorite around here. I love the blend of savory flavors and work so well together on top of a bagel with lots of cream cheese, it really is breakfast perfection. When I was brainstorming ideas for day three of #BrunchWeek, I came up with what I considered a brilliant idea – everything bagel crackers. So crackers may not be something we usually associate with brunch but once you try these, you will see why they are now a brunch staple. This cheese cracker recipe is made with Cabot’s white cheddar cheese and then topped with everything bagel seasoning blend. I think these crackers are best served for brunch with whipped cream cheese to dip them in, it’s like having a bite-sized everything bagel!
Make sure to check out my snickerdoodle pancakes and buttermilk scones from #BrunchWeek so far and keep an eye out for the two additional recipes coming this week. If you haven’t entered the #Brunchweek giveaway yet, click HERE and go check it out!
What do you put on crackers?
Anything you want! These crackers are fantastic with cream cheese, white cheddar cheese, or Cabot’s Everything Bagel cheese (yes, it is a thing and it is AMAZING!) on top. These crackers have so much flavor that you do not really even need to serve them with anything else!
What is the seasoning on an everything bagel?
The most popular toppings include poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried onion, garlic, and salt. If you want to cheat (like I did), you can buy the “Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend” from Trader Joe’s for a few dollars and it has all of the seasonings mixed together for you. If you don not have any of that on hand, no worries. I included a recipe for a homemade everything bagel seasoning blend that you can customize as much as you want. Feel free to add or subtract ingredients you like or do not like!
Why do they call it an everything bagel?
Because it’s a bagel that’s topped with basically everything!
White Cheddar Crackers
- 2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 1 tablespoon course salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ingredients for the everything bagel seasoning. Mix and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine white cheddar cheese, flour, butter, and cayenne pepper. Mix together and then add in butter. Using either a pastry cutter or two knives, cut the butter into the dry ingredients. Continue to do that until pea-sized crumbs form. Add milk into the dough and mix until it is well combined. The dough should be formed into a ball, if not, add a little more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until it does form.
- Divide the dough into two pieces and transfer the first onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it is 1/4" thick. Using a kife or a pizza cutter, slice the dough into 1" thick columns and then across into 1" thick rows. This should lead to each of the crackers being 1"x1". Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Transfer the crackers to the sheet pan. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg yolk and then spread it on top of the crackers using a pastry bruch. Sprinkle the crackers with the everything bagel seasoning. Place in oven and bake 16-20 minutes or until the tops of the crackers are golden.
You may need…
Everything but the Bagel Seasoning! It’s available on Amazon and it’s a great seasoning blend to have on hand to put on everything!
Silicon Mat so you don’t have to worry about forgetting to buy parchment paper ever again!
A Pastry Cutter, it maxes cutting the butter into the dry ingredients so much easier!
This post contains affiliate links which means that I will make a tiny bit with no extra cost to you.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Greek Asparagus Quiche from The Spiffy Cookie.
Ham Egg Cups – 2 Ways from Big Bear’s Wife.
Hash Brown Crusted Denver Quiche with Asparagus from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Roasted Red Pepper Asparagus Egg Tart from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen.
Sous Vide Italian Egg Bites from Wholistic Woman.
Steak and Egg Mini Quiches from The PinterTest Kitchen.
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Chocolate Glazed Almond Donuts from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Cinnamon Twist Bread from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
Grand Marnier French Toast from Pass the Sushi
Strawberry Lemonade Donuts from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen.
Vanilla Funfetti Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks.
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Everything Bagel Macaroni and Cheese from Love and Confections.
Farmhouse Cheddar ‘N’ Egg Laminated Biscuit Sandwiches from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Instant Pot Shrimp & Grits from The Crumby Kitchen.
Sweet & Savory Monte Cristo Blueberry French Toast from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Peach and Riesling Glazed Ham from The Redhead Baker.
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Asparagus with Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce from Caroline’s Cooking.
Grits au Gratin from The Barbee Housewife.
Macerated Strawberry Sauce from Amy’s Cooking Adventures.
Primavera Pasta Salad from It Bakes Me Happy.
Pickled Asparagus from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
French Coconut Pie with Pine Nuts from Shockingly Delicious.
Vintage Gold Cake from Cooking With Carlee.
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, LorAnn Oils and Flavors, Cento Fine Foods, Michigan Asparagus, Cal-Organic and Eggland’s Best for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.