Everything Bagel Crackers – Homemade cheddar cheese crackers topped with a delicious everything bagel seasoning blend! These homemade crackers are so easy to make and taste just like an everything bagel!
Everything Bagel Crackers
Everything bagels are a favorite around here. I love the blend of savory flavors and work so well together on top of a bagel with lots of cream cheese, it really is breakfast perfection. When I was brainstorming ideas for day three of #BrunchWeek, I came up with what I considered a brilliant idea – everything bagel crackers. So crackers may not be something we usually associate with brunch but once you try these, you will see why they are now a brunch staple. This cheese cracker recipe is made with Cabot’s white cheddar cheese and then topped with everything bagel seasoning blend. I think these crackers are best served for brunch with whipped cream cheese to dip them in, it’s like having a bite-sized everything bagel!
Common Questions About Making Everything Bagel Crackers
What do you put on crackers?
Anything you want! These crackers are fantastic with cream cheese, white cheddar cheese, or Cabot’s Everything Bagel cheese (yes, it is a thing and it is AMAZING!) on top. These crackers have so much flavor that you do not really even need to serve them with anything else!
What is the seasoning on an everything bagel?
The most popular toppings include poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried onion, garlic, and salt. If you want to cheat (like I did), you can buy the “Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend” from Trader Joe’s for a few dollars and it has all of the seasonings mixed together for you. If you don not have any of that on hand, no worries. I included a recipe for a homemade everything bagel seasoning blend that you can customize as much as you want. Feel free to add or subtract ingredients you like or do not like!
Why do they call it an everything bagel?
Because it’s a bagel that’s topped with basically everything!
White Cheddar Crackers
- 2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 1 tablespoon course salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ingredients for the everything bagel seasoning. Mix and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine white cheddar cheese, flour, butter, and cayenne pepper. Mix together and then add in butter. Using either a pastry cutter or two knives, cut the butter into the dry ingredients. Continue to do that until pea-sized crumbs form. Add milk into the dough and mix until it is well combined. The dough should be formed into a ball, if not, add a little more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until it does form.
- Divide the dough into two pieces and transfer the first onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it is 1/4" thick. Using a kife or a pizza cutter, slice the dough into 1" thick columns and then across into 1" thick rows. This should lead to each of the crackers being 1"x1". Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Transfer the crackers to the sheet pan. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg yolk and then spread it on top of the crackers using a pastry bruch. Sprinkle the crackers with the everything bagel seasoning. Place in oven and bake 16-20 minutes or until the tops of the crackers are golden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 667mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe