Easy Homemade Guacamole – A quick and easy appetizer perfect with tortilla chips! Fresh avocado, chopped red onions, and an incredible blend of spices in an addicting homemade dip!
Easy Homemade Guacamole
Guacamole is the ultimate use of avocado. I have been a huge fan of guacamole for years and regularly make a batch for lunch with some tortilla chips. After experimenting for years, this is the best easy homemade guacamole recipe! Start to finish, it takes about 5 minutes so it’s perfect to make as an appetizer for a party or on game day.
How to keep guacamole fresh and green
- Always cover with plastic wrap.
- Use a LOT of lime juice.
- Put the pit of the avocado in with the guacamole during storage.
Tips on guacamole recipe
- Love tomatoes? Add two diced roma tomatoes into the guacamole.
- This guacamole is great for dipping and also for spreading on tacos, fajitas, and burritos!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, smash avocados with a fork until smooth with just a little bit of chunks. Add in diced red onions, lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately with chips.
Looking for more mexican recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Slow Cooker Mexican-Style Beef from Who Needs a Cape?
Guacamole Eggrolls from An Affair from the Heart
Bacon Taco Dip from Seduction in the Kitchen