Easter Bark – A delicious and easy to make Easter treat that combines saltine crackers, homemade toffee, white chocolate, and festive candy. It’s so addicting and great to serve on Easter.
Bark recipes are some of the most popular desserts here at Mildly Meandering! I think they are such approachable and festive desserts to make that they become favorites for every holiday. With Easter around the corner, I wanted to make a version that would be filled with beautiful pastel colors from dyed white chocolate and festive candy.
Common Questions About Making Easter Bark
What is Easter bark?
Easter bark is a simple holiday dessert made by covering saltine crackers with a homemade caramel sauce and baked. It is then topped with melted white chocolate and pink white chocolate and swirled together with a knife along with festive candy and sprinkles. Let it set before breaking and serving it.
What kind of crackers should I use?
The most popular crackers are either ritz crackers or saltines. I used saltine crackers because I like the salty they are but either will work. Alternatively, if you want a sweeter cracker, graham crackers will work too.
Can I use chocolate instead of white chocolate?
Sure! Just skip the food coloring in the recipe as you won’t be able to see it and use exactly the same amount of semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate almond bark.
Can I make this for other holidays?
Yes! Just substitute in similar festive candy, sprinkles, and use a different color food coloring for whichever season. You could easily make a version for Christmas, Halloween, St. Patrick’s Day, Fourth of July, etc.
What other bark recipes can I make?
Some of my favorite barks include –
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 24 servings.
Looking for more Easter Recipes? Check these out!
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3 cups white chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 12 oz. bags), divided
- Pink gel food coloring
- 1/2 cup pastel Easter M&Ms
- 1/4 chopped mini eggs
- 2 tablespoons Easter sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill the sheet with your saltine crackers in a single layer and then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in brown sugar. Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved and incorporated into the butter. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Immediately pour the caramel evenly over your saltine crackers.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and let it bake for about 4 minutes. The caramel will be very hot and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, add 2 cups of white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring well each time, until melted.
- Add the additional 1 cup of white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and also heat in 30 second increments, stirring between. Once melted, add 1-2 drops of pink gel food coloring and stir to mix well.
- Once you remove the toffee from the oven, pour the white chocolate over the crackers. Gently use a knife to spread the white chocolate evenly across the crackers.
- Once you have the white chocolate spread evenly, drop the pink white chocolate onto the white chocolate and use a knife to swirl the colored chocolate around.
- Top with M&Ms, mini eggs, and sprinkles.
- Move the bark to the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the bark has solidified, break into chunks and enjoy!