Double Chocolate M&M Cookies – Thick and chewy chocolate cookies loaded with M&Ms and chocolate chips. The perfect cookie recipe for chocolate fans!
Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
Calling all M&M fans! After making my classic M&M cookies a few months ago, I had been itching to do a variation made with even more chocolate and boy, did I deliver! With a chocolate cookie dough base made with cocoa powder and then loaded full of chocolate chips and M&Ms, it doesn’t get any better than this!
Common Questions About Making Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
What are double chocolate m&m cookies?
Double chocolate m&m cookies are a simple chocolate cookie made with cocoa powder that has mini m&ms and chocolate chips mixed into the dough before being baked.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 18 cookies.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last up to three days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
What kind of M&Ms should I use?
Any type that you like! I generally use mini M&Ms but if you want to use full size M&M or any that have a filling, I suggest chopping them before putting them in the cookie dough as they can be rather large.
Can I use a candy other than M&Ms?
Of course! You could use any chopped chocolate, chocolate chips, or candy that you like.
Ingredient Notes –
- Butter is the base of our cookies – it helps hold them together and creates a rich and chewy cookie.
- I love using brown sugar in cookies but you could also use granulated sugar if that’s what you have on hand.
- Egg helps bind the cookies together so they don’t fall apart.
- Vanilla extract enhances the flavor of the chocolate.
- Flour gives the cookies structure so they don’t spread too much in the oven.
- Cocoa powder helps make a chocolate base for the cookies – if you don’t have any, you can use an additional 1/4 cup of flour instead.
- Baking soda helps the cookies rise slightly so they stay soft and chewy.
- I’m using dark chocolate chips and M&Ms but you can use any add-ins you like – just make sure they all equal 1 cup.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- Add the softened butter and granulated sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream them together until light and fluffy - about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and mix the dry ingredients into the wet until no large lumps remain.
- Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms, folding them into the cookie dough.
- Transfer the dough to the fridge and chill for 30 minutes. While the dough chills, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once the dough has chilled, scoop out 1 tablespoon sized balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet making sure to place them at least 2" apart - these cookies will spread.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or just until the edges are golden brown.
- Immediately when you remove the tray from the oven, tap it on the counter a few times. This will help the cookies sink and cook fully in the center while they rest.
- Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature before storing them in an airtight container for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.