Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SwissMissFrozen #CollectiveBias
Donut Frozen Hot Chocolate
Donut Frozen Hot Chocolate – A fun spin on classic hot chocolate! Hot chocolate blended with ice and topped with donuts, whipped topping, and sprinkles!
Hot chocolate is a staple at my house during winter. I love to jazz it up with fun add-ins and toppings to make it even more cozy and delicious but something I had never tried was making it frozen. Yes, frozen hot chocolate is a thing and it is AMAZING! Just a little bit of ice turns hot chocolate into a summer drink! It’s ridiculously easy to make and trust me, you are going to love frozen cocoa!
Now when I went to make this recipe, I knew that I wanted to make my frozen hot chocolate over the top and decided that I would make it donut themed! Now that may sound a little crazy, but it is so easy to make. You simply whip up a batch of frozen cocoa with a dash of vanilla syrup and then top it with Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping, rainbow sprinkles, a mini donut, and fun paper straws. I even lined the rim of my glass with pink candy melts to add another pop of color!
To get everything I needed, I popped over to my local Walmart. I grabbed the stars of the show, Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping 13 oz. and Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix along with all of the fun toppings. Something I love about Swiss Miss® is that it is made with real milk and they have been creating their products for the past 50 years in Menomonie, Wisconsin. They support over 80 local dairy farms that supply them with their milk and always package their products in the USA. For more frozen hot chocolate inspiration, click HERE!
How to make donut frozen hot chocolate
Step 1 – Line the rim with melted pink candy melts
To start out, pick up a package of pink candy melts. You will need about half a cup of them. Place them in a microwave-safe bowl that is bigger than the glass you will be serving the hot chocolate in and microwave the bowl with the candy melts for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time you check on them. Once they are completely melted, flip the glass so the rim is on the bottom and place in the candy melts. Turn the cup until it is fully coated.
Step 2 – Make the frozen hot chocolate
This is the most important step of the recipe! Combine 3 packets of Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix with 2 tablespoons of hot water. Stir until well combined. Place that mixture into a blender with 1 cup milk, 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup (optional), and 2 cups ice. Blend until smooth.
Step 3 – Top with Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping
Top the frozen hot chocolate with a dollop of Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping.
Step 4 – Top with sprinkles
Evenly distribute about 1 tablespoon of sprinkles onto the top of the Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping. I chose to use multi-colored ball sprinkles but any kind will work.
Step 5 – Add in straws
Place straws inside of the cup. Using two straws is best because it helps keep the donut in place best but one straw will also work. I went with paper straws because there are so many fun designs and colors available that make the drink look even more fun.
Step 6 – Set donut onto the drink
The last step is to place the mini donut onto the frozen hot chocolate. I used a pre-made strawberry donut available in a bag near the bread section at Walmart but you can make your own if you have a mini donut pan or you can pick a different variety of the pre-made donuts. Some other flavors were powdered, chocolate, vanilla, and nut.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 3 packages Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup, optional
- 2 cups ice
- Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cup pink candy melts
- 2 mini donuts
- Rainbow sprinkles
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix and hot water. Stir until well combined.
- Combine the hot chocolate, milk, vanilla syrup, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat candy melts according to the instructions on the packaging until they are smooth in a bowl larger than the glasses you will be serving the hot chocolate in. Imminently dip the rims of both glasses into the bowl and move around until the rims are well coated.
- Divide cocoa into the two cups and then top with Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping. Sprinkle the whipped topping with sprinkles and then place a donut on top. Serve immediately.
- Wilton Pink Candy Melts, 12-Ounce
- Milk Chocolate Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix 0.73 Ounces Envelopes 60 Count
- Sweese 4602 Glass Coffee Mugs - 12.5 oz Double Walled Insulated Mug Set with Handle, Perfect for Latte, Americano, Cappuccinos, Tea Bag, Beverage, Set of 2
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 679 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 436mg Carbohydrates: 138g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 67g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g