Dark Chocolate Pretzel Cookies – A delicious cookie loaded with chopped pretzels and dark chocolate chips. So easy to make and tasty!
Dark Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
These cookies might sound a bit crazy, but trust me, your cookies need pretzels in them. Dark chocolate pretzel cookies are the perfect blend of sweet and savory with so much delicious chocolate flavor. I love making these cookies as a simple dessert or during the holidays to add to a cookie tray. The recipe makes about 24 cookies but you can always double it if you want more.
If you want to make these cookies taste even more amazing, sprinkle them with a little flakey sea salt right after they come out of the oven or a drizzle of melted dark chocolate after they completely cool. Totally optional but delicious!
Common Questions About Dark Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
What are dark chocolate pretzel cookies?
Dark chocolate pretzel cookies are made from a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe that’s filled with dark chocolate and chopped pretzels.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
I used dark chocolate chips but you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate, milk chocolate, etc. Either chocolate chips or chopped chocolate work.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last five days in an airtight container at room temperature.
What kind of pretzels should I use?
I used classic twist pretzels but you could use pretzel sticks or any other basic pretzel. Just stick to unflavored.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 24 cookies but the recipe can easily be doubled if you want more.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Brown Butter Peanut Butter Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 12 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and brown sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- Next add the egg and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour and baking soda, mixing until a shaggy dough forms.
- Add the chocolate chips and pretzel chunks and fold them into the dough, be gently, you want to keep big chunks of pretzels in the dough.
- Transfer the dough to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. While the dough chills, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Scoop 2-tablespoon sized dough balls onto the baking sheets, making sure to place them at least two inches apart. The cookies will spread as they bake.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, or until they are starting to turn golden brown around the edges.
- The cookies will be very soft but they'll harden slightly as they cool. Allow the cookies to cool fully before removing them from the tray.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.