This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #SmithfieldRealFresh #CollectiveBias
Cuban Sliders – An easy meal perfect for feeding crowds at a party on game night or as a simple weeknight meal! Pork sliders topped with swiss cheese, and pickles.
Can I just say how much I love sliders? Seriously, they are like having little bite-sized bits of baked sandwich perfection. When I was contemplating what to make for this recipe, my mind immediately went to sliders. Somehow, I didn’t have a single slider recipe on my site and it was time to change that!
These cuban sliders are so easy to make and are great to make for parties, tailgating, quick weeknight meals, etc. You will need Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin, swiss cheese, sliced pickles, and slider buns and about 25 minutes for the recipe. Additionally, you will need time to cook the pork but you can make it a few hours ahead of time or even the night before, depending on your schedule.
Smithfield® is running a contest that I know you guys will want to enter! The Real Fresh Real Flavor Real Fast Contest is looking for original dinner time-saving tip or trick that includes Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork such as meal prep, cooking methods, and fresh pairings. The contest is running through August 31st at SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFresh.com.
To get everything I needed for the recipe, I popped over to my local Walmart. I knew I wanted to grab Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin because I thought the flavors would pair perfectly with everything in the sliders. I love that Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork provides Real Flavor, Real Fast with real dinner solutions for real life. Want to try Smithfield? Get $1 back using Ibotta when you buy Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork!
Common questions about making sliders
What makes a slider a slider?
A slider is a small sandwich made on a bun that is about 2 inches in diameter. Originally, they were small hamburgers topped with onion and pickle but since, they have morphed into other combinations on the same rolls.
What are slider rolls?
Normally, they are small brioche, kaiser, or hawaiian bread rolls measuring about 2 inches. They usually come attached together in a set of 12 in the bread section of most grocery stores.
How to make sliders
To make a slider, you simply place the sandwich or burger fillings into slider buns and then bake them. In this cuban sliders recipe, you place pork, swiss cheese, and pickles in the rolls and top them with a dijon sauce.
Other tips and tricks on this cuban sliders recipe
- Have leftover pork from making this recipe? You can turn it into a cuban grilled cheese! Here is the recipe:
- Butter two slices of bread and place one on a pan over medium heat.
- Place a slice of swiss cheese on the bread followed by sliced Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin, ham, sliced pickles, and more swiss cheese.
- Brush a little dijon and melted butter on the inside of the other slice of bread before placing it on the sandwich. Cook until the bottom side of the bread has turned a nice golden color.
- Flip the sandwich and cook until that side has also turned golden.
- A tradiitonal cuban sandwich also has ham on it but due to how small sliders are, I opted to just use Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin. If you want to add it in too, give it a try! It’s really delicious!
- If you aren’t a pickle person or are serving the sliders to someone who isn’t a pickle fan, you can place a pickle on top of the sliders instead using a toothpick so you it’s easier to pull off.
- You can cook the sliders either on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil or a casserole dish. Either works fine, my casserole dish just wasn’t big enough.
- If you aren’t a fan of swiss cheese, another option for the cheese is mozzarella.
- You can make the pork ahead of time for this recipe! I cooked it a few hours beforehand and then sliced it once it was cool.
Looking for more easy dinner recipes?
- 1 package Smithfield® Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin
- 8 oz swiss cheese, sliced
- 12 slider rolls, sliced
- 12 sliced pickles
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon poppyseeds
- Cook Smithfield® Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin according to the instructions on the packaging (I baked my pork in the oven at 425 degrees for 33-40 minutes). Once fully cooked, cut into thin slices.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the bottom half of the slider rolls on the sheet pan. Evenly distribute a layer of cheese, then the pork, more cheese, and a slice of pickle. Place the tops of the slider rolls on top and cover with aluminum foil. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes before removing the aluminum foil and cooking an additional 5 minutes.
- Once the sliders are out of the oven, mix together the dijon mustard, butter, parsley, and poppyseeds. Brush over the tops of the sliders while they are still warm.