Creamy Garlic Pasta – A quick and easy 30 minute meal packed full of flavor! A creamy roasted garlic sauce over penne pasta! Perfect with chicken and parmesan on top!
I just love pasta! It is one of my favorite meals to make, I usually go for tortellini alfredo but this time I decided to mix it up and try making a bit of a different garlic cream sauce! It was so easy to make and incredibly flavorful! I paired it with a baguette with butter, parmesan, and extra roasted garlic on top! It was the perfect meal! This creamy garlic pasta is also so elegant and would be perfect for date night or when you are having guests over. Grab a glass bowl and dig in, it’s going to be a new favorite dinner recipe!
I actually made this garlic pasta about two weeks ago but since I ended up so busy, I didn’t get it up until now because of how busy I’ve been up here! I have a whole bunch of recipes photographed but just not written up!
This is also one of the first dinner recipes I’ve actually written too! Make sure to check out some of the other like the Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Pork and Veggies, Creamy Brie Mac and Cheese, and Caprese Pasta, they are all pretty tasty!
Notes on creamy roasted garlic pasta recipe
- This is an awesome recipe for roasted garlic – click HERE!
- If you plan on eating it as leftovers, keep the sauce and pasta in separate containers when storing. This helps prevent the pasta from getting dry and the sauce from soaking into the pasta.
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp heavy cream + 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- Remove garlic cloves from head and mash with fork. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook penne pata for the amount of time directed on box.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add in garlic and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Slowly add in cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until melted.
- In a small bowl, combine heavy cream and flour. Stir until well combined before transferring to the saucepan. This will help thicken the sauce up. Stir until there are no more clumps in the sauce.
- Continue to stir for a few more minutes while the sauce thickens up.
- Drain cooked pasta and pour sauce over it. Garnish with parmesan and a bit of fresh parsley!
Love garlic recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Roasted Garlic and Bacon Mac and Cheese from Who Needs A Cape?
Garlic Batard from Hostess at Heart
Garlic Dipping Oil from Life Currents