Creamy Brie Mac and Cheese – A delicious dinner that is so easy to make! Elbow macaroni topped with creamy cheese sauce made with brie, parmesan, and gruyere and baked. This easy baked mac and cheese is the perfect meal for cheese lovers!
Creamy Brie Mac and Cheese
Baked brie is one of my favorite foods! I just love the flavor of that gooey cheese but I had never tried adding it to any other recipes. Brie seemed like the perfect cheese to use in a pasta and thus, the idea for brie mac and cheese was born. Pairing it with parmesan and gruyere sounded absolutely perfect and the breadcrumbs on top were such a nice touch of flavor and crunch. Originally, this wasn’t going to be baked but it seemed meant to be so I popped the macaroni noodles, cheese sauce, and bread crumbs in a pan and baked it. It really is the perfect easy baked mac and cheese recipe!
The brie cheese sauce is basically a cross between a mac and cheese sauce and alfredo sauce. If you like either or are just a fan of brie, then this is the meal for you!
Tips and tricks on this brie mac and cheese recipe
- Want to take the breadcrumbs to the next level? Add in 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp fresh parsley before putting it on the pasta!
- White cheddar is a fantastic substitute for gruyere cheese in this mac and cheese recipe.
Can’t get enough of this creamy brie mac and cheese recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese
- Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese
- White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Vegetarian Chili Mac and Cheese
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup brie, diced and rind removed
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 cup gruyere, shredded
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook macaroni according to directions on box.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add in flour and mix together using a whisk. It should become a thick paste. Cook for 2 minutes, continuing to whisk the entire time.
- Pour in milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Add in brie, parmesan, gruyere, garlic, dijon mustard, pepper, salt, paprika, and onion powder. Stir until cheese has melted in over low heat.
- Transfer macaroni noodles to a 8"x8" pan and pour cheese sauce on top. Cover the top with breadcrumbs before placing in oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
Adapted from Chef Savvy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 866mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe