Creamy Brie Mac and Cheese – A delicious dinner that is so easy to make! Elbow macaroni topped with creamy cheese sauce made with brie, parmesan, and gruyere and baked. This easy baked mac and cheese is the perfect meal for cheese lovers!
Creamy Brie Mac and Cheese
Baked brie is one of my favorite foods! I just love the flavor of that gooey cheese but I had never tried adding it to any other recipes. Brie seemed like the perfect cheese to use in a pasta and thus, the idea for brie mac and cheese was born. Pairing it with parmesan and gruyere sounded absolutely perfect and the breadcrumbs on top were such a nice touch of flavor and crunch. Originally, this wasn’t going to be baked but it seemed meant to be so I popped the macaroni noodles, cheese sauce, and bread crumbs in a pan and baked it. It really is the perfect easy baked mac and cheese recipe!
The brie cheese sauce is basically a cross between a mac and cheese sauce and alfredo sauce. If you like either or are just a fan of brie, then this is the meal for you!
Tips on brie mac and cheese
- Want to take the breadcrumbs to the next level? Add in 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp fresh parsley before putting it on the pasta!
- White cheddar is a fantastic substitute for gruyere cheese in this mac and cheese recipe.
Looking for more mac and cheese recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Gouda Mac and Cheese from West Via Midwest
Homemade Mac and Cheese from A Dish of Daily Life
Chili Mac and Cheese from Bowl Me Over
Check out the video!
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup brie, diced and rind removed
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 cup gruyere, shredded
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook macaroni according to directions on box.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add in flour and mix together using a whisk. It should become a thick paste. Cook for 2 minutes, continuing to whisk the entire time.
- Pour in milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Add in brie, parmesan, gruyere, garlic, dijon mustard, pepper, salt, paprika, and onion powder. Stir until cheese has melted in over low heat.
- Transfer macaroni noodles to a 8"x8" pan and pour cheese sauce on top. Cover the top with breadcrumbs before placing in oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
Adapted from Chef Savvy