This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ServingUpTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Cranberry Trifle – A gorgeous dessert perfect for Thanksgiving! Layers of vanilla pound cake, homemade custard, cranberry sauce, and whipped cream!
When it comes to the holidays, having festive desserts that are perfect for feeding a crowd is a must! Trifles are always my go-to because they are so gorgeous and elegant with lovely layers of delicious dessert perfection. I knew that for Thanksgiving this year, I just had to make a cranberry trifle! Cranberry sauce is my favorite part of the classic Thanksgiving meal and I just love any dessert with cranberries in it! I decided to make the trifle with layers of pound cake, homemade cranberry sauce, delicious custard, and of course, lots of whipped cream!
To get everything I needed for the trifle, I popped over to my local Kroger. I decided to grab a Marie’s Callender’s® Pound Cake Loaf Cake because of their fresh-baked taste and how quick and easy they are to prepare, all you need is 30 minutes from freezer to oven to have a bakery-inspired classic treat! There are four different varieties (Marie Callender’s® Double Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake, Marie Callender’s® Banana Nut Loaf Cake, and Marie Callender’s® Dutch Apple Loaf Cake), I can’t wait to try them all! Along the the Pound Cake Loaf Cake, I just had to pick up a Reddi-Wip® Real Whipped Cream! It’s the perfect partner for any holiday recipe and I love that it’s made with real cream!
Make sure to check out this great deals on Marie Callender’s Loaf Cakes! Click on the image below to be taken straight to the coupon!
Save $.50 on Reddi-Wip with this coupon! Click through the image below to grab the coupon!
- 24 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 cups milk
- 9 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 Marie’s Callender’s® Pound Cake Loaf Cake
- 6.5 oz Reddi-Wip® Real Whipped Cream
- sugared cranberries, for decoration
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, cinnamon, water, and sugar. Cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and chill.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Slowly whisk in milk. Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 additional minutes.
- Add beaten eggs to the saucepan and continue to stir. Let mixture boil for 2 more minutes before removing from heat. Add in butter and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Cook pound cake according to instructions on the box and let cool. Dice the cake into 1 inch x 1 inch cubes and place at the bottom of the trifle dish.
- Cover pound cake with a thick layer of whipped cream. Transfer the cranberry sauce to the trifle dish and evenly spread it around. Do the same with the custard. Top with whipped cream and sugared cranberries (optional)