Bakery Style Cranberry Orange Muffins – Muffins jam-packed with freshly squeezed orange juice and cranberries. These muffins are easy to make and taste just like you got them from a bakery! Perfect for breakfast or as a midday snack!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
Muffins are one of my favorite breakfasts! I decided to make these because I had some extra cranberries laying around and they turned out wonderful! I only made a small batch of them (6) this time as it was right before heading out on vacation but I doubled the recipe so it will make a dozen muffins. This was my second time making them the past few weeks, after I made the Bakery-Style Lemon Crumb Muffins, I just wanted more muffins!
Now if you love cranberries, than these are the orange cranberry muffins for you! Almost every bite has a whole cranberry and they are just wonderful! The orange in the muffin complements the cranberries so well too, especially in the glaze on top! It may say it’s optional, but make it! You won’t regret it, I promise!
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check these out!
Notes on cranberry orange muffins recipe
- Make sure to use fresh or frozen cranberries, not dried cranberries! Dried cranberries are great, but not as flavorful so the muffins will be a lot more bland since the star of the show is the cranberries!
- Don’t forget to drop the ovens temperature down after the muffins are in the oven, this helps them become nice and domed on top, like a bakery muffin!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen, not thawed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugars and butter. Mix with a hand-mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, yogurt, milk, orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined with hand-mixer.
- In a large bowl, combined flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Pour the mixed wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined.
- Fold cranberries into muffin batter.
- Scoop muffin batter into muffin pan and place in oven.
- Once muffins are in the oven, turn temperature down to 350°F and bake for 20-22 minutes or until baked through.
- To make the glaze, whisk orange juice and confectioners' sugar together. Drizzle over muffins when cooled.