Coconut Cream Pie Dip
Coconut Cream Pie Dip – A delicious appetizer that tastes just like the classic pie! This light and fluffy dip is made with a simple cream cheese base and toasted coconut! Coconut cream pie dip with be a new favorite dessert dip!
Welcome to the second day of #EasterSweetsWeek! Make sure to check out my Hot Cross Buns recipe from yesterday and the other fantastic recipes from bloggers below! For today’s recipe, I whipped up just about the easiest dessert ever, this coconut cream pie dip! It’s light, fluffy, and tastes even better than a coconut cream pie! I know, that may be a bit of a scandalous thing to day but hey, it is really delicious!
Originally, today’s recipe was actually going to be a tarte tatin using the beautiful apples that Rainier Fruit Company sent but my recipe was a miserable failure. It turned out delicious but was nothing like a tarte tatin was supposed to be visually so I shifted gear and searched around my pantry to see what I could make instead. As soon as I came across the giant bag of coconut I usually just use in yogurt every morning, I knew I had to use it and thus, this dessert dip recipe was born! I think dessert dips are the best dip, who doesn’t want a sweet dip that you can have as either an appetizer or a dessert?!
Tips and tricks on this coconut cream pie dip recipe
- If you want to make this dip extra coconut-y, make up a batch of instant coconut pudding and add it in after you beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together. I was perfectly content with how much coconut was in it with just the toasted coconut but it’s up to you!
- This dip is great served with vanilla wafers, graham crackers, fruit, etc! My favorite thing to dip in it was the apples I got from Rainier Fruit Company!
- To toast coconut, place shredded unsweetened coconut in a medium frying pan and cook over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, continuously stirring. Be careful, the coconut can burn really easily if you aren’t careful!
Check out the video!
Coconut Cream Pie Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut emulsion, optional
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until well combined and smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add into the mixing bowl with the cream cheese mixture and beat until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in toasted coconut, vanilla extract, and coconut emulsion. Once combined, transfer to a serving bowl and top with remaining toasted coconut.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219
Check out the amazing #EasterSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Carrot Cake No Churn Ice Cream from For the Love of Food
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rabbits from Big Bears Wife
No Bake Treats:
- Broken Glass Jello from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Pink Lemonade Crumb Bars from My Sweet Zepol
- Tarte Tatin from Mildly Meandering
- Swedish Apple Cake with Vanilla Creme Sauce from The Domestic Kitchen
Welcome to this year’s #EasterSweetWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of Springtime and Easter dessert recipes! We’re sharing tons of treats this week plus a few fantastic giveaways! You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
This year we have are 28 fantastic bloggers participating in this year’s Easter dessert event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of great Springtime and Easter themed dessert recipes with you. With over 75 sweet dessert recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to want to save some of these recipes to make again and again! We even hope that some of these recipes end up in your Easter recipe keepsake collection! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving one (1) winner 5 different extracts including a bottle of Pure vanilla and a color pack.
Prize #3 — Rainier Fruit is giving one (1) winner a box of Apples and some wonderful Apple themed goodies from Sur La Table
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner a Anolon® Vesta™ 9-Inch Square Baker in Cobalt Blue
Prize #5 — Microplane is giving one (1) winner a Twist & Zest, grip & strip and a classic zester/grater
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from Marh 26th – April 1st at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #EasterSweetsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Rainier Fruit, Anolon and Microplane! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #EasterSweetsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.