Cinnamon Roll Pretzels – Delicious pretzels filled with cinnamon sugar and topped with a cream cheese frosting! The perfect combination of cinnamon rolls and soft pretzels!
I’m finally back to blogging! Between how busy the holidays were and starting the new semester, cooking has gone a bit by the wayside. My friend made cheesy pretzels when we were hanging out and they were AMAZING! So I got to thinking of other variations on the pretzels and then came up with the idea of cinnamon roll pretzels. Yes yes, I know that these barely quantify as pretzels past the shape. I’ve made genuine pretzels before but these are easy, delicious, and take way less time. To make things even better, I whipped up a cream cheese frosting dip because I feel as though pretzels need to be dipped!
I ended up making these with bacon and hashbrowns for dinner last night and it was so good! These cinnamon pretzels are the perfect addition to breakfast for dinner!
Tips on cinnamon roll pretzels recipe
- If you have extra cinnamon sugar after filling the pretzels, sprinkle the rest on top.
- 1 can pizza dough
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
Cream Cheese Frosting Dip
- 1.5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Open can of pizza dough and spread out. Slice pizza dough into 6 pieces along the shorter side of the rectangular pizza dough.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and brown sugar. Spread mixture evenly on all of the of pizza dough slices, leaving a little bit unused to sprinkle on top.
- Fold each pizza dough slice over horizontally so that the edges meet and pinch the dough in along where they meet so that the cinnamon mixture is inside.
- Twist into the shape of a pretzel. Cross the dough and twist the dough around where it crosses. Place the ends near the middle of the dough with a bit of space in between.
- Place pretzels onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper as lining. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the pretzels are baking, combine butter, vanilla, and cream cheese in another small bowl and whip together using hand mixer for the dip. Slowly add in the confectioners sugar and mix until there are no lumps.
- Pull out the pretzels and frost. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146
Love easy muffin recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Loaded Breakfast Cups from West via Midwest
Chai Muffins with Streusel Topping from Who Needs a Cape?
Eggnog Sticky Rolls from Seduction in the Kitchen