Christmas Pretzel Bites – A delicious and easy to make holiday treat that is made by sandwiching caramel between pretzels and drizzling the tops with festive melted candy melts and sprinkles. It’s so addicting and great to Christmas parties and cookie trays.
Christmas Pretzel Bites
Ho ho ho! With the holiday season in full swing, all of the desserts that I’ve been making have been red and green. A staple treat that I make every year are these little pretzel bites because they are sweet, salty, and oh so festive. I drizzle them with melted white, red, and green candy melts and then sprinkle lots of festive sprinkles on top before serving and they are always so fun and tasty.
Common Questions About Making Christmas Pretzel Bites
What are Christmas pretzel bites?
Christmas pretzel bites are a bite-sized treat made from squeezing melted caramel between two pretzels and then drizzling festively colored candy melts on top and finished with sprinkles.
Is this a no bake dessert?
No, it involves baking the caramel on top of pretzels to melt the caramels for 5 minutes.
Can I make these for other holidays?
Of course! You can use any colored candy melts. Try doing some of these combos for other holidays –
- Pink and red for Valentine’s Day
- Green and white for St. Patrick’s Day
- Red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July
Can I use other shapes of pretzels?
Sure! I think that square pretzels work well too or you can use regular pretzels but if you go that route, I suggest using a whole caramel rather than 1/2 of one.
Can I use something instead of pretzels?
Yes! I like using ritz crackers in this recipe too. It ends up similar to my Christmas crack recipe.
Can I add chocolate?
Absolutely! Drizzle some chocolate on top!
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 24 pretzel bites.
Looking for more easy holiday recipes? Check these out!
- 48 mini pretzels
- 12 soft caramels
- 1 cup red candy melts
- 1 cup green candy melts
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 1-2 tablespoons shortening
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line two baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the caramels and cut them in half with a sharp knife.
- Lay 24 of the pretzels in a single layer on your prepared baking sheets and then top with 1/2 of a caramel on each pretzel.
- Place in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the caramels are softened.
- Remove from the oven and quickly press the remaining pretzels into the caramel. Let cool completely.
- Place red candy melts in a microwave safe bowl with about a teaspoon of shortening. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each until the candy is completely melted and smooth.
- Place the melted chocolate in a piping bag and clip off the point to create a small opening.
- Drizzle the red chocolate over each pretzel until they are all covered.
- Repeat the melting and drizzling process with both the green candy melts and the white candy melts.
- Sprinkle on any sprinkles immediately and then let them cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.