Christmas Crack – A delicious and easy to make holiday treat that combines ritz crackers, homemade toffee, and white chocolate. It’s so addicting and great to Christmas parties and cookie trays.
Ritz crackers, toffee, and white chocolate. The combination is literally perfect! Christmas crack is a favorite dessert around here because of how delicious and festive it is. I opt to use a vanilla almond bark instead of chocolate so that I can add in the green and red candy melts to give it color but that totally optional, melted chocolate chips work great instead if you don’t want the red and green swirls. Instead, you can always just use extra sprinkles to give it that fun holiday feel.
Common Questions About Making Christmas Crack
What is christmas crack?
Christmas crack is a simple holiday dessert made by covering ritz crackers with a homemade caramel sauce and baked. It is then topped with melted almond bark is drizzled with melted red and green candy melts and swirled together with a knife. Let it set before breaking and serving it.
Can I use chocolate?
Yes! If you opt to use chocolate, use 24 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the almond bark and candy melts. I chose to use the almond bark and candy melts so I could add the swirls of christmas colors to it.
What kind of crackers should I use?
The most popular crackers are either ritz crackers or saltines. I used ritz crackers because I like the buttery flavor but either will work. Alternatively, if you want a sweeter cracker, graham crackers will work too.
How can I decorate christmas crack?
I like to sprinkle festive holiday sprinkles on top!
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 30 servings.
Looking for more holiday recipes? Check these out!
- 40 Ritz crackers (or saltines)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ounces vanilla almond bark
- 1/2 cup red candy melts
- 1/2 cup green candy melts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with foil (15"x10" is ideal). Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Place crackers in a single layer in pan.
- In a medium saucepan, cook and stir butter and sugar over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Let boil for 7-9 minutes, stirring frequently. It should be light brown in color.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Immediately pour mixture evenly over crackers in pan. Spread to cover the crackers.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until bubbly and brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Melt your almond bark over a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Repeat with the red and green candy melts.
- Pour the almond bark over the cracker mixture and spread out evenly.
- Drizzle the red and green chocolate on top of the white.
- Run a knife through the red and green to create swirls.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles and then let cool for 2 hours (or until chocolate sets).
- Break into pieces and serve.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.