Christmas Bark – A delicious and easy to make holiday treat made by swirling together chocolate and white chocolate before topping it with it with pretzels, candy canes, and M&Ms. It’s so addicting and great for Christmas parties and cookie trays.
I couldn’t resist sharing one final holiday bark recipe this year before christmas! This christmas bark is a wonderful festive treat that is perfect to add to your holiday cookie trays or to serve at parties.
Made with just 5 simple ingredients, christmas bark is an easy treat that anyone can make! The recipe is super straight forward and trust me, you are going to love it.
Common Questions About Making Christmas Bark
What is christmas bark?
Peppermint bark is a simple no bake dessert made by melting chocolate chips and spreading it on a lined pan before topping it with melted white chocolate that has been mixed with peppermint extract. It’s finished with crushed candy canes and broken into pieces before serving.
What kind of white chocolate should I use?
I suggest using a high quality white chocolate chips (such as ghiradelli) because it melts better and tastes better.
How should I store christmas bark?
I suggest storing it in an airtight container either in the refrigerator or freezer.
What variations can I make on this recipe?
- Substituting in dark chocolate – try the recipe with dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate.
- Add in nuts – peanuts or slivered almonds are great additions.
- Oreos – chopped oreos are SO good mixed in.
What other types of bark can I make?
Some of my favorite bark recipes include –
- Peppermint Bark
- Jingle Bell Bark
- Oreo Bark (this recipe is SO popular!)
- S’mores Bark
- Tropical White Chocolate Bark
Looking for more easy holiday recipes? Check these out!
- 12 mini candy canes
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups mini pretzel twists
- 2/3 cup mini M&Ms (red and green)
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop candy canes up into 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds. Continue heating for 30 second increments until chocolate is 85% melted. Keep stirring until smooth.
- Repeat process for white chocolate chips.
- Pour semi-sweet chocolate over parchment paper, spreading into a 9"x13" rectangle. Place spoonfuls of melted white chocolate over the semi-sweet chocolate. Using a toothpick or chopstick to swirl the two chocolates together.
- Liberally sprinkle chocolate with chopped candy canes, pretzels, and mini M&Ms. Place in freezer to harden.
- Once bark is hardened, take a knife and break it into bite-sized pieces and serve.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.