Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake – an indulgent single serving dessert! Peanut butter chocolate cake batter topped with whipped cream and peanut butter!
Welcome to Choctoberfest day 5! I can’t believe this is already my final post, it has gone by so quickly! If you missed the other posts I did this week (Mocha Eclairs, Hot Chocolate Cookies, and Chocolate Crinkle Cookies), go check them out!
Now if you haven’t realized, I’m kinda a bit obsessed with mug cakes. By far, my most popular recipes are my Carrot Cake Mug Cake and Peanut Butter Mug Cake so I just had to make a chocolate mug cake for Choctoberfest! This really is the perfect dessert for when you have a hankering for chocolate but you don’t want to be tempted by a whole cake plus, the best part about it is definitely the fact it is done in just minutes! It’s truly perfection in a mug!
This chocolate mug cake post was made featuring Davis Chocolate products! Their peanut butter chip is the only certified organic peanut butter chip on the market and are soy/dairy free! I can attest, they are really good in baked goods! The other product they sent were these super fun chocolate cocktail sticks! They are also organic and soy/dairy free and perfect in a glass of wine! Go check their stuff out, it’s all pretty great!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Combine in vanilla, milk, peanut butter, and melted butter. Stir until combined with no lumps.
- Pour batter into mug and top with a few peanut butter chips. Microwave for 1-1:30 minutes.
- Microwave remaining peanut butter chips for 30-45 to melt and drizzle on top of mug cake. (optional)
Davis Chocolate provided me the peanut butter chips and cocktail sticks to use. As always, all opinions are my own.
Make sure to check out all of the other amazing recipes from other bloggers for #Choctoberfest today!