No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream – The easiest chocolate ice cream recipe ever! Made with just 5 simple ingredients, this ice cream tastes so good!
No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
I am so excited to have another ice cream recipe to share with you guys! After my vanilla bean ice cream came out a few weeks ago, I was super excited to try my hand at making some other versions of that same easy, no churn ice cream. The first one had to be a chocolate version!
The thing I love about this recipe is that it is made with just 5 ingredients in about 10 minutes. The worst part is just wait for the ice cream to firm up in the freezer but trust me, it is completely worth it! It tastes just as good as the ice cream you get at any ice cream shop during the summer.
The cool part about this recipe is that it is completely customizable and you can really make it extra delicious by adding in things like a swirl of peanut butter and chopped Reese’s cups, a swirl of chocolate syrup, or even a swirl of salted caramel sauce to make it your own! Just add your add-ins in before transferring it to the container you plan on freezing the ice cream in or if you are adding a swirl of a sauce, drizzle it on top once it is in that container and run a knife through it to swirl it around. The options are endless!
Common Questions About Making Chocolate Ice Cream
What is chocolate ice cream?
Chocolate ice cream is a simple no bake, frozen dessert made with just 5 ingredients – heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, high quality chocolate, and cocoa powder. It is then frozen and served cold.
What does no churn mean?
No churn means that you don’t use a dedicated ice cream maker and that the recipe likely doesn’t contain eggs. It’s an easier process for a home cook to master and be able to make without getting special equipment.
What other types of ice cream can I make?
There are so many different types of homemade ice cream to make! Some of my favorites include –
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Lavender Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Mocha Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Coffee Ice Cream
What can I use chocolate ice cream in?
Chocolate ice cream is so versatile and can be used in so many different things! I love using it in –
- Chocolate Milkshake
- Ice Cream Cake
- Ice Cream Sundaes
What can I top chocolate ice cream with?
Some of my favorite ice cream toppings are –
- Chocolate Sauce
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- White Chocolate Sauce
- Homemade Nutella
- Butterscotch Sauce
- Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Crushed Oreos
- Chocolate Chips
- 4 ounces good quality chocolate, chopped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Heat the chopped chocolate in a small, microwave safe bowl until melted. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream on medium speed until it forms stiff peaks - about 2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream and fold it together gently - you don't want to deflate it!
- Once the mixture is fully combined, transfer to a silicone ice cream tub or a metal loaf pan and place in the freezer overnight to chill.
- Once the ice cream has hardened, enjoy with your favorite toppings.
* I used Ghiradelli 60% baking bar for the chopped chocolate.
* You can also add in chocolate chips, additional chopped chocolate, or a swirl of chocolate sauce to the mixture before freezing, if desired.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Make sure to check out my web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.