Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies – A delicious cookie loaded with chopped hazelnuts and dark chocolate chunks. So easy to make and tasty!
Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Love nutella? Then these are the cookies for you! After I made a batch of homemade nutella a few weeks ago, I have been making loads of recipes with chocolate and hazelnut in them because the combination of flavors is so perfect. For this recipe, I used a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe and added in chopped hazelnuts and dark chocolate to get that great nutella flavor. These cookies turned out absolutely AMAZING!
If you want to make these cookies taste even more amazing, sprinkle them with a little flakey sea salt right after they come out of the oven or a drizzle of melted dark chocolate after they completely cool. Totally optional but delicious!
Common Questions About Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
What are chocolate hazelnut cookies?
Chocolate hazelnut cookies are made from a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe that’s filled with dark chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
I used chopped dark chocolate but you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate, milk chocolate, etc. Either chocolate chips or chopped chocolate work.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last three days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Can I use a different nut?
Yes! You can use any of your favorite nuts instead of hazelnuts such as peanuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, etc. Just make sure they are chopped up before adding them into the cookie dough.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 18 cookies but the recipe can easily be doubled if you want more.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- 10 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup large chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and granulated sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, whisking until combined.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Stir until no large lumps of flour remain.
- Add the chopped chocolate and hazelnuts and fold them into the cookie dough. Again, mix until they are combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- While the cookie dough chills, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Once the dough has chilled, scoop two tablespoon sized cookies onto the baking sheets, making sure they are at least 2 inches apart - these cookies will spread.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Allow them to cool to room temperature on the tray - they will harden as they cool.
- Transfer the cooled cookies to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.