Chocolate Crunch Cookies – Delicious homemade chocolate cookies filled with chocolate chips and rice krispies! The cookie version of a Crunch bar!
Chocolate Crunch Cookies
Oh my goodness, these are some yummy cookies! Chocolate crunch bars are one of my favorite candy bars so I decided to take those flavors and textures and turn them into a cookie! To do so, I made a simple chocolate cookie base using cocoa powder and then filled it with both chocolate chips and rice krispies. I know, using rice krispies in a cookie is weird but they add such a great texture to the cookies. It all ends up really working together and tasting like a crunch bar!
Before serving, I sprinkled some flakey sea salt on top to balance the sweetness. These cookies are great to make as an easy weeknight dessert or as a part of a cookie tray for the holidays. Everytime I make them, they disappear so quickly!
Common Questions About Making Chocolate Crunch Cookies
What are chocolate crunch cookies?
Chocolate crunch cookies are chocolate cookies filled with chocolate chips and rice krispies to give them a light, crispy texture like a Nestle Crunch bar.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
I used semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can use dark chocolate chips, white chocolate, milk chocolate, etc. Either chocolate chips or chopped chocolate work.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last seven days in an airtight container at room temperature.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 12 cookies but the recipe can easily be doubled if you want more.
Looking for more chocolate cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 10 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup puffed rice
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and stir until no large lumps remain.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and puffed rice - you don't want to smush the rice.
- Transfer the dough to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- While it is cooling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Scoop two tablespoon sized cookie dough balls onto the baking sheets about 2" apart. Bake until the cookies are set around the edges, but still slightly soft in the center - about 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet - they will set as they cool. Then, transfer the cooled cookies to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to one week.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.