Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie – The perfect combination of two favorite desserts! Ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a pie crust until golden brown. Great served with ice cream!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
This pie is absolutely delicious! You may know that I am a huge fan of both chocolate chips and pies so combining the two is naturally something that I fully support. It’s a great alternative to making cookies and there is just something about biting into a big bite of the cookie dough filling that is just so satisfying. With a crisp outside and a soft and gooey inside, it is a great mix of textures.
Common Questions About Making a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
What is a chocolate chip cookie pie?
A chocolate chip cookie pie is a cross between the two desserts made by filling a pie crust with chocolate chip cookie dough and then baking it.
Should I use a pre-made crust or homemade?
Either! This time, I used a pre-made crust but my homemade butter pie crust recipe would work just as well.
Should I serve it warm or cold?
I like to serve it warm with ice cream but either way is delicious. I just pop it in an oven set to 350 degrees F for a few minutes before serving it to warm it back up.
What kind of ice cream is best with it?
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 1 pie which is about 8 servings.
How long does this pie last?
This pie lasts 3-5 days when covered and refrigerated.
Looking for more chocolate dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (9") pie crust, pre-made or homemade
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spray a pie dish with non-stick spray before laying out the pie crust in the pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, continuing to mix.
- Slowly add in the flour and salt, beating until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the filling to the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes before turning the oven down to 350 degrees F and baking for an additional 30-40 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm with ice cream.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.