Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – Your favorite chocolate chip cookies, but as a bar! Chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a pan and sliced into bars to serve!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
If you love chocolate chip cookies, then this is the recipe for you! Classic chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a pan before being sliced. I love how you end up with thicker pieces of chocolate chip yumminess than you would in a regular cookie! Trust me, you have to try this recipe, it’s amazing!
Common Questions About Making Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
What are chocolate chip cookie bars?
Chocolate chip cookie bars are a baked dessert that is made with a cookie dough base that is filled with chocolate chips and baked in a pan. It is then sliced and served.
What kind of chocolate chips should I use?
I used a dark chocolate chip but you could use semi-sweet, white, or even a mix of different chocolate chips.
Can I add in any additional mix-ins?
Sure! You can add up to about 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nuts, candy pieces, etc.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 9 bars.
How long do chocolate chip cookie bars last?
They last up to three days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Ingredient Notes –
- Butter is the base of our cookie bars. It adds structure and richness. I used salted butter so if you use unsalted, make sure to add 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt to the dough.
- I love using light brown sugar in cookies, but dark brown sugar or granulated sugar would also work.
- Eggs help bind the cookie bars together so they don’t fall apart.
- Vanilla enhances the flavor of the chocolate.
- Flour gives the cookies structure – I recommend using the spoon and level technique so you don’t end up with too much or too little flour.
- Baking soda helps the cookie bars rise just a bit so they stay soft and chewy.
- I’m using dark chocolate chips but feel free to use any kind you like.
Looking for more chocolate recipes? Check these out!
- Samoa Bars (Chocolate, Caramel, and Coconut)
- Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Blossom Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 10 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8" pan with parchment paper.
- Add the softened butter and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy - about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Now add the flour and baking soda. Mix to combine - you don't want to overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the cookie dough.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cookie bars are fully set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bars to cool to room temperature in the pan - this will help them set.
- Once the bars have fully cooled, slice and enjoy. Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.