Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies – The EASIEST cookie recipe ever! Made with just 4 simple ingredients, these cookies are soft, tender, and delicious!
Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
Have you tried making cake mix cookies yet? I made my first batch a few years ago and have been obsessed ever since! They are soft, chewy, moist, and quite possibly the easiest cookies to make. For this recipe, I used yellow cake mix, eggs, oil, and chocolate chips and they turned out fantastic.
Common Questions About Making Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
What are chocolate chip cake mix cookies?
Chocolate chip cake mix cookies are cookies made with boxed yellow cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and chocolate chips. The batter is mixed together and scooped onto a lined sheet pan and baked.
How can I use boxed cake mix to make cookies?
Making cookies out of boxed cake mix is just about these easiest thing ever! By using less liquid, you are able to turn the cake mix into cookies as they will be able to form together better than the loose batter that is used to make cakes. You also have to use eggs and once everything is mixed together, you can scoop the cookies onto a lined sheet pan and cook them.
What other types of cake mix cookies can I make?
You can turn almost any box of cake mix into cookies! I have personally tried (and have recipes for) the following cake mix cookies-
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 12 cookies.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last up to 4 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Ingredient Notes –
- I’m using a standard yellow vanilla cake mix but any kind should work!
- Vegetable oil adds richness and moisture to the cookies.
- Eggs also add richness and moisture, but mainly they help bind the cookie dough together.
- I’m using dark chocolate chips but feel free to use whatever kind of chocolate you prefer.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs to a large bowl and mix to combine. I like using a hand mixer but this can be done with a stand mixer or a rubber spatula.
- Next, add the chocolate chips and fold them gently into the cookie dough.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scoop. scoop cookies onto the lined sheet pan, leaving at least 2" of space on all sides as they will expand.
- Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes or until the edges are starting to set and turn golden.
- Remove from oven and leave the cookies on the sheet pan for another 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan and then remove them to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to four days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.