Chocolate Chip Blondies – A delicious combination of two favorite desserts – chocolate chip cookies and blondies! Made with just a few simple ingredients!
Chocolate Chip Blondies
These chocolate chip blondies might be one of the best desserts EVER. Like most people, I am a big fan of chocolate chip cookies. When I was making a batch of blondies a few weeks ago, I started to wonder if I could maybe combine those with chocolate chip cookies and have the best of both worlds in one delicious recipe. This recipe turned out just as amazing as I hoped and now I have the perfect chocolate chip blondies recipe that is loaded with the delicious caramel-y flavor that blondies have along with tons and tons of chocolate chips. I was a little lavish with the amount of chocolate chips I used (2 cups) but it was so worth it. Every bite has so many chocolate chips!
Common Questions About Making Blondies
What are blondies?
A blondie is essentially a brownie without any cocoa powder.
What do blondies taste like?
Blondies have a texture similar to brownies but with a caramel-vanilla flavor from the brown sugar and vanilla extract.
What kind of brown sugar should I use?
You can use either light or dark brown sugar. I would suggest dark brown sugar if you have it on hand because it lends even more flavor to the blondies but if you don’t have it, light brown will still be super tasty. I used light brown sugar in the blondies pictured.
What types of blondies can I make?
There are so many varieties of blondies! Some of my favorites include –
- Classic Blondies
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
- White Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Peanut Butter Blondies
- Salted Caramel Blondies
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Golden Oreo Blondies
What can I serve blondies with?
Looking for more tasty dessert recipes? Check these out!
- Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Fluffernutter Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge
- Golden Oreo Truffles
Make sure to check out my web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9x9" pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Transfer batter into the 9x9" pan and spread it smooth. Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing and serving.