Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse – A delicious no bake dessert made with just 6 simple ingredients that combines the flavors of chocolate and cheesecake into a creamy treat! This elegant dessert is served with chocolate sauce and whipped cream!
Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
After making a batch of chocolate cheesecake bars a few weeks ago, I had an amazing idea – combine those flavors with my cheesecake mousse recipe to make a chocolate cheesecake mousse! This dessert is a chocolate dream with layers of chocolate sauce, chocolate cheesecake mousse filling, and then whatever toppings you want. Personally, I like using homemade whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and fresh raspberries on top.
Common Questions About Making Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
What is chocolate cheesecake mousse?
Chocolate cheesecake mousse is a simple, no bake dessert made by whipping together cream cheese, heavy cream, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. It is served with chocolate sauce and any additional toppings.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 4 servings.
What is the difference between mousse and pudding?
A pudding is made with milk, sugar, and cornstarch as a base while mousse is made with without egg yolk but uses whipped egg whites, heavy cream, and gelatin as possible ingredients to get it light while also holding it’s form. The texture ends up different in the two desserts with mousse being airy and light while pudding being thicker and smooth.
What other types of mousse can I make?
There are so many great varieties of mousse! Some of my favorites include –
- Cheesecake Mousse
- Vanilla Mousse
- Oreo Mousse
What I serve chocolate cheesecake mousse with?
Some ideas include –
- My absolute favorite way to serve this mousse is with shaved chocolate, a sprinkle of sea salt, and fresh berries on top.
- For a fruity twist, layer in strawberries or raspberries and top with fresh whipped cream and additional berries.
- For more chocolate, top with fresh whipped cream, shaved chocolate, and additional hot fudge sauce.
Ingredient Notes –
- Whipped cream is the base of our mousse– it keeps the mouse light and airy. You must have very cold heavy cream as warm cream doesn’t aerate the same way.
- Cream cheese adds a tanginess and creaminess to the mousse, but still keeps it light and airy.
- Vanilla enhances the sweetness and flavor in the chocolate.
- Powdered sugar gives the mousse structure and sweetness. Make sure to sift the powdered sugar to remove any clumps.
- I’m using a dark chocolate cocoa powder because I love the added richness and bitterness– any kind of unsweetened baking cocoa will work, just make sure to use a good quality cocoa!
- Just like the cocoa, it’s important to use a good quality fudge sauce as it’s such a key flavor in the trifle. Homemade or store bought will work!
Looking for more elegant dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- Place the cold heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed on 1-2 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Remove the whipped cream to a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract to the mixer bowl (no need to clean it). Mix to combine.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the sifted powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Once all of the dry ingredients have been incorporated, turn the mixer to medium high speed and beat until the mixture becomes light - about 2 minutes.
- Add half of the whipped cream to the mixture and fold it in gently - this should be a bit of an arm workout. Once the first batch of whipped cream is fully incorporated, add the remaining whipped cream and fold it into the mousse as well.
- Warm the hot fudge sauce according to the package directions just until it is pourable - you don't want it to be too hot or it will melt your mousse.
- Add a few tablespoons of hot fudge to the bottom of your serving dishes and top with mousse. Garnish with your desired toppings.
- Store any leftovers in a refrigerated airtight container for up to two days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.