Chocolate Blossom Cookies – Classic chocolate cookies with a Hershey kiss chocolate in the middle. Perfect for holiday cookie trays or as a simple dessert!
Chocolate Blossom Cookies
If you love peanut butter blossom cookies, then this is the recipe for you! After years of making classic peanut butter blossom cookies, I had a big idea – making them with a chocolate cookie base instead of a peanut butter cookie base. They are just as delicious and a really fun spin on the classic version we all know and love.
The chocolate cookie base is super easy to make and tastes so perfect with the Hershey kiss in the middle!
Common Questions About Making Chocolate Blossom Cookies
What are chocolate blossom cookies?
Chocolate blossom cookies are a classic chocolate cookie that are baked and then topped with a Hershey kiss chocolate.
What kind of Hershey kisses should I use?
I use classic milk chocolate hershey kisses but you could use a different one if you prefer like dark chocolate or even peppermint.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 24 cookies.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last up to three days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Make sure your butter is fully softened. If it isn’t, you’ll end up with lumps in your cookie.
- I used brown sugar for a chewier cookie. If you don’t have any, feel free to swap in granulated sugar.
- Egg helps bind the cookie together.
- Vanilla enhances the sweetness and flavor of the chocolate.
- Flour is the base of our cookie – make sure to measure using the spoon and level technique.
- Cocoa powder is going to make the base of our cookie chocolate flavored – make sure to use baking cocoa, not hot cocoa mix.
- Baking soda helps the cookies rise (just a little bit) and stay soft and chewy.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 24 Hershey kisses
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the softened butter and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy - about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda slowly. Mix just until the dry ingredients are fully combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon sized balls onto the parchment lined baking sheet, making sure to place them at least 2" apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are set but the center is still soft.
- Immediately when the cookies come out of the oven, place a Hershey kiss into the center - no need to press down hard. The chocolate will melt slightly and glue the kiss to the cookie.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.