This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeryVeggieHoliday #CollectiveBias
Chipotle Black Bean Dip – A quick and easy bean dip recipe perfect for a party! Smoky chipotles blended together black beans and layered with cheese. Perfect with tortilla chips!
Appetizers are definitely my favorite part of a party! I love creating fun dips and bite sized snacks to munch on while chatting and enjoying spending time together! This year, I decided to create a quick and easy Chipotle Black Bean Dip that was not only delicious but also vegetarian! With many of my friends and family members being vegetarians, I try to make sure I accommodate them by making meat-free options that don’t compromise on flavor and that meat-eaters will also love.
I recently discovered MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ and just knew I had to use them in this Chipotle Black Bean Dip! Packed with a special blend of southwest flavors, they are the perfect addition to any meal from tacos to chili. The incredible versatility makes adding veggie products to your diet so easy as a part of veggie cuisine packed full of protein or just as a simple meal for busy weeknights that anyone will love!
Do you love Ibotta? Check out this reward!
To get everything I needed for the dip, I popped over to my local Walmart. I found the MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ right in the frozen foods aisle by the other MorningStar Farms products. Very easy to find!
One of my favorite parts of this dip is how easy it really is to make. In less than 15 minutes you have a complete appetizer made from just a few ingredients. If you are bringing this to a party, you can assemble it beforehand and then broil it there too.
Tips on chipotle black bean dip recipe
- Want to make this recipe vegan? Skip the cheese or sub in a vegan cheese!
- Don’t have a skillet? Using a similarly sized pan works fine!
- Want to make the dip a bit chunkier? Stir in 1/4 cup black beans to the blended black bean portion of the dip after it has been pureed in the food processor.
- If you want to take the dip up a notch and make it spicier, add another chipotle pepper.
Check out the video!
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, drained
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- Combine black beans, chipotle pepper, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In an 8" skillet, spread bean spread across the skillet. On top of it, spread the cooked MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ on top before sprinkling cheese over it.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes to melt cheese. Serve with chips and veggies.