Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake – All of your favorite chicken cordon bleu flavors in a casserole! Chicken, ham, swiss cheese, and noodles combined with a rich, creamy sauce and topped with breadcrumbs and more cheese!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake
Can I just say how much I love chicken cordon bleu? Something about that combination of foods is just so perfect! Combining chicken cordon bleu and a casserole sounded like the perfect combination of things and I was so happy with how it turned out. Trust me, this is going to be a new favorite.
Something else that is great about this recipe is that it can feed a crowd and it heats up really well. I just popped the pan back in the oven the next day with a little extra cheese and it was just as delicious.
Tips and tricks on this chicken cordon bleu pasta bake recipe
- If you cannot find shredded swiss, don’t worry. You can use sliced swiss instead for the top. Either works great to create that crispy cheese crust on top.
- This casserole recipe is a great way to use up leftover ham after the holidays! If you don’t have any leftover ham on hand, you can either use sliced deli ham or cubed ham. I wanted to use cubed ham for this recipe but they were out at my local grocery store.
- If you have leftover chicken breasts from a different meal, you can use those in this recipe too! If you don’t have any leftover chicken, put 2-3 chicken breasts in a pan and bake it for 45 minutes or until cooked through at 375 degrees.
- This recipe makes about 6-8 servings so if you are just cooking for 1-2 people, make only half the recipe and bake it in an 8″x8″ pan.
Can’t get enough of this chicken cordon bleu pasta bake recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Classic German Chicken Schnitzel
- Cuban Sliders
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta (30 Minute Meal)
- Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese
- Brie Mac and Cheese
- 1 box of pasta (rotini, penne, or similar shape)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2-3 cooked chicken breasts (shredded or cubed)
- 1 cup cooked ham (sliced or cubed)
- 1 cup swiss cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add in garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add in heavy whipping cream, milk, Worcestershire, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, mozzarella, and parmesan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The cheese should have melted into the sauce.
- Pour sauce over cooked and drained pasta. Add in chicken and ham, stirring well. Pour into a 9-inch x 13-inch pan and top with swiss cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake for 25-28 minutes and serve hot.
Originally posted on Yellow Bliss Road
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 1075mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 37g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe