Cherry Cheesecake Dip with Toffee Pretzel Pieces – A delicious dessert dip that perfect as an appetizer and dessert! Cherry pie filling, cream cheese, and whipped topping combined and topped with toffee pretzel pieces. This cheesecake dip is perfect!
Cherry Cheesecake Dip with Toffee Pretzel Pieces
Spring has finally and I mean finally arrived here in SE Michigan and let me tell you we are ready for all things outdoors. Bring on the BBQ’s, bonfires, outdoor dining and for us, a biggie is camping season! I simply adore having the longer days which lead to evenings spent outdoors enjoying the warmer temps.
With the warmer seasons approaching the opportunities for impromptu entertaining are on the rise. Being in a colder climate for months on end, we tend to hibernate, once the temps improve we’re ready for any reason to have a get-together. Having a variety of recipes for dishes that can easily be whipped together saves me from having to worry too much about what to make. If we get an invite I have a few great recipes that are simple and delicious crowd-pleasers.
This brings me to this Cherry Cheesecake Dip with Toffee Pretzel Pieces. Truly this is one simple desserty dip that’s delish and perfect for entertaining. Desserty dips are my fave, okay I love warm gooey cheesy dips too but desserty dips are where it’s at in the warm months.
You can whip up the dip portion of this dish in just a few minutes. Toffee Pretzel Pieces are the topper for this dip and do require a few minutes of cooking and cooling, but you can do that ahead of time. Also be sure you add them to the finished dip just prior to serving, you don’t want them to get soggy.
I do hope you enjoy this sweet treat, it is the perfect addition to summertime entertaining. Simply serve with pretzel crisps, graham cracker pieces or vanilla wafer cookies. YUM!
Tips and tricks on this cherry cheesecake dip recipe
- This cheesecake dip is great served with cookies, pretzels, graham crackers, etc.
- I used cool whip but you could sub in homemade whipped cream instead. Just make sure it is beat until stiff peaks form.
- Do you love chocolate? Chocolate covered pretzels are phenomenal with this dip!
- The toffee pretzel pieces are optional but oh so delicious!
Looking for more dessert dip recipes? Try these recipes!
- Coconut Cream Pie Dip
- Creamy Churro Dip
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Hot Chocolate Dip
- Pineapple Cheesecake Dip
Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 20 ounces cherry pie filling
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping
Toffee Pretzel Pieces
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed but still chunky
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Combine pretzels, butter and sugar. Spread onto baking tray using either parchment paper or silpat liner. Bake approximately 6 minutes until sticky. Remove and cool completely. Using a knife roughly chop apart, set aside for topping.
- In mixing bowl use electric mixer to combine cream cheese and sugar. Add in almond extract and canned cherries. Beat with electric mixer to break up cherries just a bit. Fold in non-dairy whipped topping. Refrigerate 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Add Toffee Pretzel Pieces to top of dip just prior to serving.
- Rodelle Pure Extract, Almond, 16 Ounce
- KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, Onyx Black (K45SSOB)
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 22g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 329mg Carbohydrates: 72g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 38g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe