This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeItYourself #CollectiveBias #BakeFromScratch
Cheesy Garlic Herb Dinner Rolls – Super easy dinner roll recipe ready in less than 90 minutes! Perfect for the holidays!
My favorite part of any meal is the bread! Whether it is the holidays or just a regular Tuesday evening, I always look forward to having some nice, warm bread with butter on top. Unfortunately, making homemade bread or dinner rolls was always a daunting process that I thought would be an all day affair letting the bread rise, kneading, and rising some more. I was shocked to find out that you could have dinner rolls on the table in just 90 minutes and that the process could be so easy!
The key to the speed and ease of this dinner roll recipe? Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast! You can “bake it yourself” because it doesn’t get any better than homemade baked goods! Fleischmann’s® has 150 years of experience in helping home bakers make quality, yeast recipes to share with friends and family.
Now Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast is super easy to use. One really important thing to note is that the water used is between 120˚F – 130˚F, which should be about lukewarm, not hot. Always use a thermometer to check. If the water is too hot, it will kill the yeast and your recipe will not rise correctly.
To jazz up this recipe, I added some fresh herbs and parmesan to the top. I didn’t want to overwhelm the rolls with too much because I wanted the flavor of the bread itself to shine through, but the herbs added a nice, subtle flavor while the parmesan brought in a bit of salt and crunch to the top. These are both simple additions that just take the recipe to the next level.
Apart from having to check the temperature of the water, working with yeast is really easy. The dough must have a rise time of 10 minutes or less and will need to be kneaded but if you have a stand mixer, that can be a big help. Additionally, make sure that the yeast isn’t expired. That can also cause the dough not to rise.
Looking for more bread recipes made with yeast? Check out these recipes!
- 2 - 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 packet Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast, and salt in a large mixer bowl and stir until blended.
- Combine milk, water, and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120°F - 130°F. Butter won't melt completely). Add to flour mixture.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer. Add 1/4 cup flour and then beat for 2 more minutes at high speed. Stir in just enough of the remaining flour ( 1 - 1 1/4 cups) so that the dough forms into a ball.
- Knead on lightly floured surface, adding in the parsley, rosemary, and thyme. Knead until smooth and elastic, springing back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6-8 minutes. Cover with a towl and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 12 equal pieces and shape into balls using your hands. Place in greased 8-inch pan. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top of the rolls and then place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Brush with butter (optional) and serve warm.