Cheesecake Mousse – A delicious no bake dessert made with just 5 simple ingredients! Tastes just like cheesecake!
I love making no bake desserts. They are so perfect when you have a sweet tooth but you don’t feel like baking. With summer in full swing, having my oven on isn’t ideal so I have been making tons of no bake desserts like no bake peanut butter cookies, chocolate fudge, and this cheesecake mousse.
This cheesecake mousse is so smooth and light, plus it tastes just like cheesecake! I love to serve it with raspberries and crushed graham crackers as a simple dessert. The recipe makes 4 servings but you can always double it if you want more or half it if you want less.
Common Questions About Making Cheesecake Mousse
What is cheesecake mousse?
Cheesecake mousse is a simple, no bake dessert made by whipping together cream cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
What is the difference between mousse and pudding?
A pudding is made with milk, sugar, and cornstarch as a base while mousse is made with without eggs but uses whipped egg whites or heavy cream. The texture ends up different in the two desserts with mousse being airy and light while pudding being thicker and smooth.
What other types of mousse can I make?
There are so many great varieties of mousse! Some of my favorites include –
- Chocolate Mousse
- Vanilla Mousse
- Oreo Mousse
What I serve cheesecake mousse with?
Here are a few ideas of what to serve cheesecake mousse with –
- Crushed graham crackers
- Nilla wafers
- Fresh berries
- Fresh mint
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed oreos
Do I have to use sour cream?
Nope! If you like sour cream in your cheesecake, then use it in the recipe. If you don’t, then skip it! It just adds a nice tang.
Looking for more elegant dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the heavy cream to another bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- Remove the whisk attachment from the mixer and add the paddle attachment. Add the cream cheese and sour cream (optional) to the mixer bowl.
- Mix on medium speed until it is smooth and well combined - about 1 minute.
- Next, turn the mixer to low and slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Once all of the sugar has been incorporated, add the vanilla and turn the mixer to medium speed. Beat until the mixture is light and smooth - about 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream back to the bowl and use a rubber spatula to gently fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Once the mousse is fully combined, transfer it to your choice of serving dish and store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
* The mousse is great served with crushed graham crackers, fresh berries, fresh mint, etc.
* The sour cream is optional but it gives a nice tang to the mousse. If you usually use sour cream in you cheesecake, I highly recommend it, but if sour cream isn't your thing feel free to leave it out.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.