This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #FallforBigelow #CollectiveBias
Chai Scones – A delicious homemade scone recipe made with chai spices. Perfect with a cup of tea for breakfast.
I love cuddling up in a cozy blanket with a hot cup of tea during the fall. Okay, well you might find me with a cup of tea all year round but during the fall, it just adds to the overall cozy feeling with the leaves changing color and the chilly weather.
One of my absolute favorite teas to get is Bigelow Vanilla Chai. Chai flavors are one of my absolute favorites, I am always baking with those flavors and I can’t resist a good cup of chai. Bigelow has been my go-to brand for tea for years, it was the one my grandmother would always buy and we would chat about life over a cup of tea.
Interested in trying out the Bigelow Tea offerings? Hover over the photo below to click through to Walmart.com and buy it!
I wanted to make a breakfast to pair with Bigelow Vanilla Chai to celebrate the first day of fall so I decided to make a batch of chai scones! I first fell in love with making scones when I made vanilla bean scones last year to pair with Bigelow Constant Comment and they turned out amazing. I love how easy they are to make and customize into incredible flavors.
To get everything I needed for the recipe, I popped over to my local Walmart. There, I grabbed the ingredients and another box of Bigelow Vanilla Chai. Something I love about Bigelow products is that they have foil packaging for freshness, manufactured in the USA, and made from high quality ingredients!
Something to note is the scones are not made with chai tea leaves, just chai spices. Don’t go ripping apart any tea bags to make this recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and butter. Using a pastry cuter or two knives, cut in the butter until pea-sized crumbs form.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, and egg. Mix until dough comes together.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface and form the dough into a circle that is 1" thick. Use a pizza cutter or knife to slice the dough into 8 wedges. Beat the remaining egg yolk and spread on top of each of the scones. Transfer to baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.