Carrot Cake Truffles – A delicious treat made with just 3 simple ingredients – boxed carrot cake mix, white chocolate, and cream cheese! Perfect for Easter!
Carrot Cake Truffles
With easter right around the corner, I have been baking carrot cake everything! From a classic carrot cake to my ever-popular carrot cake mug cake, it’s been the go-to flavor this season. One of my favorite carrot cake recipes has been carrot cake truffles, a simple 3 ingredient dessert perfect for all of those upcoming Easter parties.
To make carrot cake truffles, you have two main options – boxed carrot cake mix or homemade carrot cake. This recipe calls for boxed because I know that is just about the easiest option ever for most people but you can totally use homemade carrot cake instead. Just don’t frost the cake before making truffles out of it.
These truffles are easy to make a few days ahead of time, just make sure to defrost them before serving!
Common Questions About Making Carrot Cake Truffles
What are carrot cake truffles?
Carrot cake truffles are cake and cream cheese blended together in a food processor until they come together before being rolled into balls and dipped in white chocolate.
Can I use homemade carrot cake?
Of course! I love using THIS carrot cake recipe (minus the frosting) to make truffles from. 1 brick of cream cheese should be enough to hold the truffles together with a homemade cake but if not, add a bit more.
Can I use chocolate instead of white chocolate?
I probably wouldn’t, chocolate and carrot cake don’t pair as well as white chocolate and carrot cake.
How should I decorate these truffles?
I used white chocolate that I melted and drizzled it on top of the truffles but you could also use sprinkles or just drizzle chocolate on top of the truffles instead.
Can I freeze the truffles?
Yes, freezing the truffles until you are ready to serve them works great.
What should I do if my truffle filling isn’t forming together?
If your truffles filling (carrot cake and cream cheese) is loose and isn’t forming into balls, try adding a bit more cream cheese and blending again. That helps them form together more.
Is this a no bake recipe?
Yes and no. I would lean more towards no because you do have to bake the box of cake mix before turning it in to truffles. I usually do it the night before and let it sit on the counter until morning so that it fully cools.
Looking for more cake truffle recipes? Check these out!
- Cake Batter Truffles
- Strawberry Cake Truffles
- Chocolate Cake Truffles
- Cherry Cake Truffles
- Red Velvet Cake Truffles
- 1 box of carrot cake mix (cooked according to the instructions on the box)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces white chocolate chip morsels (or almond bark)
- In a food processor, blend cooked and cooled carrot cake until it becomes crumbs. Add in cream cheese and process again until its fully combined.
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, roll out truffles into balls and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used up.
- Place sheet pan in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
- Once the truffles have firmed up, place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted.
- Roll each truffle in white chocolate until fully coated and then transfer back to the lined sheet pan. Freeze or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe