This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PlantBasedGoodness #CollectiveBias
Baked Caramel Apple Donuts – Quick and easy dairy-free apple donuts with a delicious homemade caramel glaze! These donuts only take 20-minutes to make!
I can’t believe it is already the back to school season! As I go into another year of college, I am already thinking of ways to make my day smoothly such as fun breakfast and lunch ideas! These donuts are the perfect way to start the day with all of your favorite fall flavors! I love caramel apples, I think they are so delicious and fun to get so I took those flavors and turned them into a donut. What could be better, right?!
These baked caramel apple donuts are also dairy-free and made with Silk® Almondmilk and Cashewmilk with Caramel Bottles, 4-pack! They are a new favorite treat of mine as I love the flavor, it has a nice hint of caramel that pairs wonderfully with the nutty flavors along with being an excellent source of calcium and having saturated fat. Along with the caramel flavor, there is also Silk® Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk Bottles, 4-pack which is also shelf stable so it doesn’t take up any precious refrigerator space while still tasting fresh! I know my refrigerator is always super full so I try to stock up as much shelf stable stuff as I can, just popping in one bottle at a time into the fridge to chill before I drink it or use it! I keep a whole bunch on hand so I don’t have to worry about running out too!
I popped over to my local Walmart to pick up everything I needed for the donuts. The Silk® Almondmilk and Cashewmilk with Caramel Bottles, 4-pack were right in the shelf stable milk section. Very easy to find!
Notes on baked caramel apple donuts recipe
- Make sure you have a donut pan! You can pick them up on Amazon for just a few dollars!
- The easiest way to make the donuts look good is to transfer the batter to a piping bag or ziploc bag and cut the end. Using a spoon works too but the donuts might end up a bit lumpier.
Silk® Almondmilk and Cashewmilk with Caramel Bottles are perfect for busy mornings where I can grab a bottle along with a Baked Caramel Apple Donut and run out the door! Breakfast is so important, it is a key part of staying full and focused in class! If I don’t eat a filling breakfast, I can’t concentrate on paying attention and taking notes in lectures!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Silk® Almondmilk and Cashewmilk with Caramel Bottles
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup apple, finely diced
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Silk® Almondmilk and Cashewmilk with Caramel Bottles
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Silk® Almondmilk and Cashewmilk with Caramel Bottles, vanilla extract, and applesauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add in wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Transfer batter to donut pan using a spoon. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into one and it doesn't come out wet.
- After donuts have cooled, combine ingredients for glaze. Dip each donut in the glaze and serve immediately.
Make sure to download Ibotta to earn $1 when you buy one Silk® Single Serve Bottle variety!