Caprese Tortellini Skewers – A quick and easy no-bake appetizer! Tortellini, sundried tomatoes, and mozzarella tossed in pesto and served on a skewer!
Caprese Tortellini Skewers
It’s Freaky Friday time again! This time, it is our fall edition and I am so excited to share this caprese tortellini skewers recipe from Lemoine Family Kitchen with you guys! Freaky Friday is where a bunch of bloggers are all assigned different blogs and we make a recipe from their site to share! None of us know who is assigned to our site so it ends up a fun surprise and a great way to get to know each other and our sites better! It is organized by Michaela from An Affair from the Heart and it’s so fun!
Lemoine Family Kitchen is run by Angela, a lovely mother of two boys with some fantastic recipes inspired by her Italian roots! It was really hard to choose which of her recipes to go with but I ended up choosing these caprese tortellini skewers because I am a sucker for fun appetizers and they just looked so good!
Some of her other recipes I debated about making were her asian beef and noodle soup or the slow cooker creamy tomato basil soup with tortellini. Either of those would have been super tasty! Another one of her recipes I can’t wait to try is her sundried tomato pesto. I think that it would be so good on these skewers instead of classic basil pesto!
I did make this my own spin on Angela’s recipe by using sundried tomatoes instead of ripe tomatoes in the recipe along with adding in pesto. These tortellini skewers are such a delicious appetizer but also, if you skip out on the skewers, you have everything you need for a great pasta salad! Just toss all the ingredients in a bowl, mix them together, and serve!
How to make pesto tortellini skewers
Step 1 – Make pesto (optional)
You can either use pre-made pesto or whip up a batch of your favorite homemade pesto for this recipe.
Step 2 – Toss pesto with tortellini and mozzarella
Combine tortellini and mozzarella in a bowl and toss with pesto until they are well coated.
Step 3 – Make a skewer
To make a skewer, place two pieces of tortellini, one piece of mozzarella, and one piece of sundried tomato on each skewer.
Looking for more appetizer recipes?
Pesto Tortellini Skewers
- 1 package tortellini
- 24 sundried tomatoes
- 1 package mini mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup pesto
Cook tortellini according to the instructions on the packaging and then run under cold water to cool the noodles off.
In a large mixing bowl, toss cooled tortellini, mini mozzarella balls, and pesto together.
Place 2 tortellini, 1 sundried tomato, and 1 piece of mozzarella on each of the small wooden skewers.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
Take a Look at all of our Fall Freaky Friday Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Pumpkin Spice Swirls – Leftover Pie Crust Cookies
- Bowl Me Over – 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Healing Tomato – Greek Dipping Oil
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – Easy Vegetable Orzo Soup
- Lemon Blossoms – Coconut Curry Soup with Shrimp
- Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
- Mildly Meandering – Caprese Tortellini Skewers
- Plattertalk – Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Seduction in the Kitchen – Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet
- Take Two Tapas – Tequila Infused Grapes
- West Via Midwest – Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Who Needs a Cape? – Cheesy Chicken, Artichoke & Rice Casserole