This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BarillaGlutenFree #CollectiveBias
Caprese Pasta – A quick and easy 30 minute meal! Made with gluten free spaghetti, a light marinara sauce, and blistered cherry tomatoes!
Pasta is one of my favorite foods but with so many friends and family that live gluten free lifestyles, I am always searching for the perfect gluten free pasta to serve them when they come over and I think I found it! Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti and Barilla Gluten Free Penne are a new favorite at my house, the taste and texture is just like “regular” pastas that I normally get! They are made with non-GMO corn and rice and are so versatile!
I had a friend coming over for dinner that was gluten free so I decided to whip up this Caprese Pasta! It is a lighter pasta that doesn’t lack on flavors between the homemade marinara sauce, blistered tomatoes, fresh basil, and Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti!
To get everything I needed, I popped over to my local Kroger. I found the Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti right in the pasta aisle by the other Barilla products, it was super easy to find! Make sure to check out a coupon for Barilla Gluten Free products at Kroger HERE!
This really is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. Start to finish, it took less than 30 minutes because everything could be cooked simultaneously! This meal was definitely not lacking in flavor either! My gluten free friend was a huge fan too! I can’t wait to make this again soon, the leftovers disappeared too quickly!
I love how elegant a meal it is too. While it is very simple, the addition of the blistered tomatoes makes the dish even more elegant with a lovely pop of color.
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti
- fresh basil, for garnish
- parmesan or fresh mozzarella
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large saucepan, combine olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes over medium-low heat and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour crushed tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaves into the saucepan and stir to combine. Let simmer for 20 minutes before removing from heat and taking out bay leaves.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to box directions.
- In a medium pan, combine olive oil and garlic for blistered tomatoes over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add in tomatoes to the pan and let sit for 2 minutes (they should be starting to blister) before giving them a stir and removing them from heat. Let sit at least 2 more minutes before serving.
- To serve, place the pasta in a large bowl and top with marinara sauce, blistered tomatoes, fresh basil, and cheese (optional). Enjoy!