This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SmithfieldFresh #CollectiveBias
Cajun Pork Pasta
Cajun Pork Pasta – A quick and easy 25-minute meal! Pork tenderloin and penne pasta with a creamy cajun sauce and roasted bell pepper.
Easy dinner recipes are the best. With life being so hectic, it can be a struggle to get a home-cooked meal on the table so I always am on the lookout for different 30-minute meals made with a few simple ingredients to try out that take the stress off of dinner.
I had recently been to a restaurant and had a fantastic cajun dish that really inspired me to try making those same flavors right at home in a simple dish. It seemed natural to combine those cajun flavors with pasta and of course, I thought it needed meat and pork tenderloin is always a go-to for me! I decided on Smithfield Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper pork tenderloin because I thought the flavor would really complement the flavors of the pasta and it was a great choice.
One of my go-to options for taking my meal to the next level is Smithfield® pork tenderloins. I love how versatile they are so that I can use them in a wide range of different dishes. I can saute, roast, slow cook, or pop the pork in my instant pot to cook it, the options are really endless for how the pork can be incorporated into a meal. It’s “Real Fresh, Real Flavor, Real Fast” with 100% fresh pork cuts, made with real flavorful ingredients, and can be made into a hassle-free meal in no time!
To get everything I needed, I popped over to my local Walmart and headed over to the meat department. The Smithfield Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper was right in the pork section with the other varieties of Smithfield® fresh pork products.
Tips and tricks for this cajun pork pasta recipe
- Any type of pasta can work in this recipe such as tortellini, ziti, elbow macaroni, etc. Just go with what you have on hand/what you like.
- Don’t have any cajun seasoning on hand? Here is the recipe I used:
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Can’t get enough of this cajun pork pasta recipe? Try these other recipes made with Smithfield® pork tenderloin!
- 1 box of penne pasta
- 1 Smithfield Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup roasted bell pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan (shredded)
- Cook penne pasta according to the instructions on the packaging. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set aside.
- Thinly slice the Smithfield Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper pork tenderloin and place in a large, oiled pan over medium-high heat. Cook until one side has browned and then flip to finish cooking. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream, butter, cajun seasoning, and chicken broth into the pan and bring to a soft boil. Reduce the heat to low and add in the roasted bell peppers and parmesan cheese. Continue to cook until the sauce thickens up (about 5 minutes).
- Add in penne noodles and stir until the sauce is completely covering the noodles.
- Serve topped with the sliced and cooked Smithfield Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper pork tenderloin.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 2010mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 12g