Brownie Mix Cookies -These brownie mix cookies are soft and fudgy with a crisp edge and puddles of warm chopped chocolate. You can have these cookies ready to go with only 3 ingredients and 20 minutes!
Brownie Mix Cookies
A little over a year ago, I discovered the joys of brownie cookies. Back then, I made the batter from scratch and they turned out amazing! The other day, I saw that I had an extra box of brownie mix and wondered if I could just use that instead of mixing all of the dry ingredients and it turned out just as good. This recipe is made with just 3 ingredients – brownie mix, egg, and butter. I chose to use butter as opposed to vegetable oil to give it more of a cookie texture so it is a bit crisper than a regular brownie but with all of the same flavors.
Common Questions About Making Brownie Mix Cookies
What are brownie cookies?
Brownie cookies are brownies in cookie form! Brownie batter rolled into cookies and baked until perfectly cooked through.
Can I add anything to brownie cookies?
Yes! You can add 1/2-1 cup total of your favorite brownie add-ins such as chocolate chips, shredded coconut, crushed oreos, peanut butter chips, and more.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 24 cookies.
How long do these cookies last?
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Do I have to use boxed brownie mix?
Nope! Click HERE for my brownie cookie recipe that doesn’t use boxed brownie mix.
Ingredient Notes –
- I recommend a good quality brownie mix for these cookies– I’m using Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix which already has chocolate chips in it. If your brownie mix does not contain chocolate chips, feel free to add up to 1 cup of your favorite chocolate chips (dark, milk, white, etc).
- Butter adds richness and helps hold our cookies together.
- Egg also helps bind the cookies together.
- I’m adding extra chopped dark chocolate to these cookies. Feel free to add your favorite chocolate– chopped, chips, mini M&Ms, etc.
Looking for more chocolate desserts? Check these out!
- 1 (18.75 ounce) box brownie mix
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two large sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, butter, and egg.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized portion onto the baking sheets, making sure to place them at least 2" apart.
- (Optional) Place a few extra chocolate chips on top of each ball of cookie dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or just until the cookies are set around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the tray before transferring them to an airtight container.
- Storage - Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.