Brownie Cookies – The perfect combination of cookies and brownies! Chewy, fudgy, and filled with chocolate – these brownie cookies are amazing!
Love brownies? Love cookies? Then I have the recipe for you! Brownie cookies are pure perfection with a thickened brownie batter that is formed into cookies and baked. They are so chocolate-y and delicious!
To make brownie cookies, you have two options – either from scratch or using boxed mix. I included both recipes so that you can choose depending on what you are feeling like but I’ve gotta say, nothing tops the homemade version! I like to add chocolate chips to my brownie cookies but you can add in any of your other favorite brownie mix-ins instead!
Common Questions About Making Brownie Cookies
What are brownie cookies?
Brownie cookies are brownies in cookie form! Brownie batter rolled into cookies and baked until perfectly cooked through.
Can I add anything to brownie cookies?
Yes! You can add 1/2-1 cup total of your favorite brownie add-ins such as chocolate chips, coconut, crushed oreos, and more.
Could I use boxed brownie mix?
Yes! If you want to use brownie mix, you will need –
- 1 box brownie mix (15.25 ounces)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
To make them –
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto the lined sheet pan with at least 2″ of space on all sides as they will expand outwards. Lightly press each cookie down.
- Place in the oven and cook for 11-13 minutes. Leave cookies for 5 minutes on the sheet pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
Looking fore more chocolate dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces chocolate (chopped)
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and vegetable oil.
- Add the butter to a small saucepan set over medium heat. Allow it to melt, then add the chocolate and whisk until it is all smooth and melted.
- Slowly whisk the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture (don't add the chocolate all at once or you'll scramble the eggs).
- Once all of the chocolate has been added, whisk the wet ingredients until they are fully combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold them together, mixing until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- While the dough chills, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Once the dough has chilled, scoop the dough out onto a parchment lined baking sheet (I used a 1/4 cup cookie scoop to make sure all of the cookies were the same size).
- Press the cookies down slightly to create a disc.
- Bake the cookies for 14-16 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and then transfer them to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.