Blueberry Brie Scones – A delicious breakfast treat! Homemade scones filled with fresh blueberries and brie cheese, baked until golden brown. This is the best blueberry scone recipe!
Scones are such a wonderful breakfast. I just love how tender and buttery they are! Scones are so customizable and surprisingly easy to make. These blueberry brie scones came into existence when I ended up with three wheels of brie that were on sale at the grocery store due to their impending expiration dates. I couldn’t resist getting them and I knew that I could definitely get through all three very quickly. In the cart they went and I went home to start working my way through them. I had a bin of blueberries at home so I thought that I might be able to combine them and make a blueberry sauce to go on top of the brie but then I came across a blueberry brie scone recipe online and I knew things were meant to be. My love of blueberries, brie, and scones all in one recipe? Count me in!
I went on to adapt this recipe from that one, making a few small changes and I ended up so happy with how they turned out! Brie in a scone might sound a bit strange but trust me, the very best part of each and every scone was the area on the edge where a bit of brie had oozed out and turned crisp. So good! These blueberry scones are best the first day, right out of the oven but honestly, I couldn’t get through more than one that day so I had them for breakfast the next few days. They heated up quite well, I stored the scones in a bin in the fridge and then used a toaster oven set to warm to get them heated up every morning.
Tips and tricks on this blueberry brie scone recipe
- What is the difference between a biscuit and a scone? They are very similar but scones having baking soda and tend to be sweeter, with sugar in the batter and they sometimes have fruit or nuts mixed in.
- If you don’t like brie, you can skip it. Just add another 1/4 cup of blueberries instead.
- You can make these into mini scones instead. Divide dough in two and roll out into circles around 1″ thick. Cut into wedges.
- If you want to make these scones a bit more savory, refrain from adding in sugar to the dough and topping.
Some more breakfast recipes to try!
Vanilla Bean Scones – A delicious baked treat perfect for breakfast with a cup of tea! A crisp vanilla bean scone with a vanilla bean glaze.
Homemade English Muffins – A classic breakfast that is so easy to make! These english muffins are perfect topped with butter and jam!
Raspberry Star Bread – Homemade bread with layers for raspberry jam, twisted into this incredible treat!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk, cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 oz brie cheese, rind removed and divided into 1/4" pieces
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and butter. Using a pastry cuter or two knives, cut in the butter until pea-sized crumbs form.
- Add in milk and eggs. Mix until dough comes together. Gently fold in blueberries and pieces of brie.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface and form the dough into a circle that is 1" thick. Use a pizza cutter or knife to slice the dough into 8 wedges. Transfer to baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden.
Adapted from Completely Delicious
Love scone recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Strawberry Basil Scones from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
White Chocolate Orange Cranberry Scones from Seduction in the Kitchen