This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveMyEggo #MoreEggo2Love #CollectiveBias
Banana Split Waffle Sundae
Banana Split Waffle Sundae – A quick and easy recipe perfect for dessert or breakfast! A crisp waffle topped with 3 types of ice cream, bananas, whipped cream, and a cherry on top!
Making a banana split during the summer is a must! Everything about it is so good from the bananas, whipped cream, cherries, to the three different types of ice cream! This summer, I decided to take my banana split to a whole new level and I added something incredible… waffles! Yes, a banana split waffle sundae! It is basically the perfect banana split to ever exist.
To get everything I need to make the waffle sundaes, I popped over to my local Walmart. I grabbed a box of Kellogg’s® Eggo Thick & Fluffy Original and Kellogg’s® Eggo Thick & Fluffy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Waffles along with the rest of the ingredients. Make sure the check out the current Ibotta deals by clicking HERE! Eggo Thick & Fluffy Waffles are new and improved to be even better than they were! They are just like you favorite Eggo waffles, but now thicker and fluffier, the perfect belgian-style waffle! I love Eggo waffles because they are great as an on-the-go breakfast solution and they can be jazzed up with fun toppings. Kellogg’s® Eggo Thick & Fluffy Original are now made with Madagascar Vanilla and the Kellogg’s® Eggo Thick & Fluffy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Waffles are now made with 50% more Cinnamon and 15% more Brown Sugar. They are SO good!
Now this banana split waffle sundae is perfect for both breakfast and dessert! I think making a banana split bar for a summer brunch party would be such a fun idea that would impress guests while also being super quick and easy to make for the host! Start to finish, it only takes about 5 minutes to make a banana split waffle sundae.
The Eggo Waffle Bar Truck will be driving around to visit Walmart stores around the country, click below to see if they are coming to a Walmart near you!
Common questions about making a banana split
What goes into a banana split?
A banana split is primarily made up of fresh bananas, chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, and strawberry ice cream. They may be topped with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
Why do they call it a banana split?
It is called a banana split because the bananas are sliced down the middle and placed in a long dish.
Other tips and tricks on this banana split sundae waffles recipe
- If you are just making a few sundaes and don’t want to clog up your freezer with 3 ice cream bins, then just get neapolitan ice cream! It has all three of the ice cream flavors you need in it.
- If you want to make the banana split even more fun, some other toppings you can add include:
- Strawberry syrup
- Crushed graham crackers
- Chocolate chips
- Fresh Strawberries
Can’t get enough of this banana split sundae waffles recipe? Try these other recipes!
- 2 Kellogg's® Eggo Thick & Fluffy Original waffles
- 2 large bananas
- 2 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Cook Kellogg's® Eggo Thick & Fluffy Original waffles according to the instructions on the packaging. Sliced bananas lengthwise and set aside.
- Place each waffle on a separate plate. Place a scoop of each of the ice creams on the waffle and then a slice of the banana on each side. Top each scoop of ice cream with a dollop of whipped cream and then a maraschino cherry. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and serve.